Sourcing Manager at Kiwi Crate in Mountain View, CA
Kiwi Crate is an innovative eCommerce company that sparks kids’ creativity and curiosity through offline and online materials and inspiration. We offer kids a delightful, engaging way to explore, create, and learn. We offer a subscription service that delivers curated hands-on projects to kids. We take great pride and ownership in the products we build and in the community of parents and kids we serve. We're backed by leading investors and were named one of the "20 Startups to Watch" by Business Insider and "Hottest Companies in Silicon Valley" by Lead411. Our office is located in Mountain View, within walking distance from Caltrain.
Role and Responsibilities:
We’re looking for an experienced sourcer interested in contributing to the very early stages of a startup - where you will have a real impact on the business. You will work with our product design and ops teams to identify, source, and plan for the materials that our little customers will delight in using to create, build, interact. As a key contributor to a critical function in our business, you’ll be - on the ground floor - bringing our products to life.
Responsibilities include the management and coordination of demand, supply, and inventory planning processes. In addition to helping to identify the best materials, you should have an eye towards driving down costs. Negotiating with suppliers should be second nature. Be ready to help us build the right systems to track and optimize our inventory levels.
As a start-up celebrating creativity and development, we believe and encourage the same in our team. We seek team players with an infectious positive energy, great initiative, and a get-it-done attitude. Candidates must thrive in ambiguity and love a rapid pace. You must have a strong desire to learn and improve.
The ideal candidate has great attention to detail and a competitive drive to find the best at the lowest cost. Excellent organizational, analytical, and multi-tasking skills are musts. Required skills and responsibilities:
- 5+ years experience in Sourcing/Supply Chain/Inventory Planning/Sales Planning/Merchandising
- Work closely with the Product Design team to identify the appropriate set of materials.
- Coordinate product and materials demand with sales plans. Identify inventory objectives.
- Manage the creation of forecasts, demand vs. supply, inventory overview reports. Share and update levels based on Forecasts vs. Actuals.
- Lead supply planning and buying by planning and procuring the right product at the right time in the right quantity. Replenish, as needed.
- Organize excess sales opportunities.
- Create and iterate on systems and procedures for inventory planning and purchasing.
- Proven Asian supplier/vendor management experience desired.
- BS/BA required.