Front End Engineer at Cinchcast in New York, NY
Cinchcast provides a cloud-based software as a service product which enables people and companies to create, distribute, measure and monetize voice-based content. Our technology allows anyone, anywhere the ability to host a live web broadcast or recorded event using skype or a telephone. It’s the only content creation platform to stream interactive webcasts and podcasts using just a phone and a web browser. Our network streams, archives and hosts millions of events every day. Headquarted in New York City, Cinchcast is a privately held company. Cinchcast recently completed a $6M round of funding, so we're well-financed and ready to tackle the future.
Our tech stack is a heterogeneous environment using node.js, redis, mongo, asp.net mvc and many others. Our team is a stellar group of engineers including former CTOs, directors of engineering etc. We pay top-notch including equity.
You can read more about us here: http://cinchcast.com/about/join-the-team/
You can listen to our CTO interviewed about our tech stack here: http://venturebeat.com/2012/11/29/cinchcast-uses-the-cloud-to-scale-up-its-self-serve-conference-calls/
- Architect the client-side code and conventions that power our products.
- Work closely with our designers to create elegant products.
- Work closely with our engineers to build powerful and fast products.
- Pro-actively look for ways to make your product better
- Rapidly fix bugs and solve problems
- Semantically correct, effecient markup.
- Performant and elegant ECMA script
- Expertise working with jQuery, Angular, knockout.js, require.js or any other Js framework.
- Performant, cross-browser compatible, gracefully degradeable CSS3
- Experience with tuning web pages to minimize browser load & rendering times
- Experience with source control (SVN, Git, CVS, VSS)
- Experience integrating into backend frameworks (.NET preferred - Rails/Cake/etc. is good too)
- Disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance
- Basic photoshop or fireworks skills
- Solid understanding of UI and interaction design fundamentals
- Great written communication and documentation abilities
- Actionscript skils a plus
- Advanced HTML5 skills a big plus!
- Video player experience (JW Player, Flowplayer, etc.) a plus
- Streaming audio/video experience highly desired
- We pay top dollar for talent - salary, generous commissions, benefits, bonus and stock options.
- You have the opportunity to have an enormous impact at a fast growing start-up
- You will work with the team in great new office space
- Your foosball game will improve!
- Kitchen stocked with a Keurig, cookies, hot and cold cereal and of course Red Bull.