Payments Processing Specialist at PeoplePerHour.com in London, London, United...
What we do
PeoplePerHour.com is a utility that allows small businesses to get their job done fast and reliably. We have a community online of Buyers & Sellers of any service imaginable to you, whom we bring together in an environment where they can transact across boundaries with trust.
Here are the things that characterise our culture and how we do things at PPH:
- Passion & energy: Going above and beyond what others expect of us. We have fun and are all quirky and wacky in our own individual ways which we encourage. But we share a common passion and sense of purpose. Without that we are lost.
- Taking ownership: We hate people who pass the buck or ‘inbox groomers’. If its not in my inbox it's not my jobs. We only work with people who make it their job and relentlessly push through to completion.
- Being different: Always questioning the status quo and pushing for radical change. Looking at what’s out there but always striving to do better and be different. We love creativity and believe there are no such things as bad ideas; only poorly executed ones.
- Bonding with the team like a family with open and sometimes brutally frank communication: We have a strict ‘no walking on eggshells’ policy. We just come out with it. We are a startup and we expect people to be able to take a punch on the chin.
- Sense of urgency: Pushing for things to get done and learning to do more with less. Getting resourceful and knowing when to seek help. Being a leader not a hero.
- Daily amnesia: We’ve learnt to walk in every day and forget the past. We bear no emotion or sentiment for past work. We kill projects when it's clear they will never work and we reprioritise daily. That way we keep ahead of the game. We don’t live in the past.
- Leadership: Always thinking ahead and putting others first. We live and breathe the motto: managers do things right, leaders do the right thing. Managers operate a high efficiency / low impact machine. We pursue high impact even at the expect of some chaos.
- Constant learning through questioning everything: Why is this happening? Constant digging deeper and deeper to derive insight and learning across the organisation.
- Punching above weight: Aiming really high. Taking on mammoth tasks that are seemingly impossible and pursuing them relentlessly to completion. No place for mediocracy.
- Constant step up: No room for complacency. And never give up. What builds start-ups are fighters not politicians. We are aggressive, a little rough around the edges but we will change the world. You either fit in or you don’t. We don’t take prisoners.
We are looking for Payments Processing Specialist to manage our overall Payments function.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Approve payments subject to the company’s fraud protection policy.
- Communicate with the user in cases where there is a delay in payment.
- Proactively suggest changes to the policy to improve it by gathering intelligence and feedback from the community.
- Perform authentication checks on credit cards and PayPal accounts.
- Investigate chargebacks and manage all communication with the Banks to resolve them.
- Troubleshoot and check any payment related reported issues.
- Perform monthly audit checks on balances and transactions.
- Perform data base integrity checks.
Pre-requisite Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Very methodical, detailed and analytical.
- Very numerical: a degree in numbers bases subject is preferred.
- Great communicator.
- Proactive in making suggestions on system and process improvement.
- Experience in similar function is advantageous.
- Salary: Competitive salary based on skills and experiences to date.
- Location: London.