Freelance Creative Editorial Support at BuzzFeed in New York, NY
We’re looking for a few talented comedians/writers/bloggers to write for a leading BuzzFeed Partner. We’re producing a mix of fun and thoughtful content across the web (Tumblr, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Buzzfeed). Specifically, we’re looking for help creating memes, infographics, top 10 lists, photobombs, or practically any other original content guaranteed to make the world smile. .
Proficiencies should include but not be limited to - The ability to squeeze a laugh off a blank page. The gift of spotting a meme before anyone else does and just GOING WITH IT. Knowing the internet like you know the way from your bedroom to the bathroom in the dark. Creating consistently engaging, shareable, creative content that gets likes, shares, pins, tweets, and re-blog after re-blog, after re-blog. Smartness. A deep understanding of the brand. The ability to look deadlines in the eye and make them blink, then cry, then meet them, then exceed, then be awesome in every way possible.
Duties will include:
- Daily posting and responding to stories on Buzzfeed.com (Ideally 4-6 posts/ day)
- Pitching 25 stories each week that map back brand messaging pillars, pop culture or technology.
- Developing editorial pieces (i.e. Top 10 Lists, info graphics etc.) with the help of the managing editorial team at our agency and a small team at the client. The quick turnaround of these stories (i.e. 24 -48 hours) is essential to success so being able to perform at this rapid speed is critical.
- Occasionally, there will be a breaking story that provides a big window of opportunity for the client to lead the viral buzz and shape the conversation. The writer will be expected to take part in shaping the creative for these situations.
- Attending 2 weekly editorial meetings to pitch and develop creative ideas.
- Proficiency with suggesting headlines that will drive the most engagement and working knowledge of the Buzzfeed CMS.
- Start: ASAP
- End: June 29, 2012 (with strong possibility to extend thru Dec 2012.