Product Manager at DataXu in Boston, MA
We find our people as inspiring as we do our company.
Fun, smart & vibrant people make up our Xu (pronounced “zoo”) team! Our collaborative, dynamic & high energy environment makes this the kind of place where people want to work. Our Xu team is looking for additional members:
DataXu is looking for a talented Product Manager to join a dynamic team of experienced professionals. We need a highly-motivated, self-directed, enthusiastic person who is passionate about evangelizing compelling products and industry change. The ideal candidate can balance high-level, user-centric objectives, with detailed and carefully considered designs. Candidate must be comfortable working in a fast-pace environment that emphasizes collaboration and respect.
- Own and manage one or more product initiatives through the full product lifecycle, from inception, to launch, to post-launch assessment and planning for the next cycle.
- Advocate for customer and market needs using evidence-based reasoning (both qualitative and quantitative).
- Hands-on leadership of requirements development process, including gathering market and internal cross-functional feedback, analysis, and efficient, detailed conveyance to engineering.
- Collaborate with product marketing and corporate marketing on competitive positioning and benefits-oriented collateral.
- Ensure smooth release process release notes, user documentation, and sales enablement such as training and crafting compelling demos.
- Evangelize our messages to customers and industry peers via events, webinars and other external communications channels.
- Competitive intelligence and analysis, including win-loss, competitive positioning, and SWOT analysis.
- 5 years experience in a product management role; strong preference for experience in the digital media or adjacent industry, especially video, mobile, or brand advertising experience.
- BA/BS degree preferred or equivalent work experience (MBA a plus)
- Passion for getting things done in a fast-moving, complex environment
- Experience analyzing product, customer, market dynamics and opportunities.
- Superior project and budget management skills, illustrated by strong track record of leading virtual teams in complex cross-functional environments.
- Outstanding communication skills, and in particular the ability to convert complex ideas and quantitative data into simple messages.
- Ability to solicit and synthesize customer and market feedback for actionable recommendations on positioning, messaging, and product development.
About the Company:
Headquartered in Boston, MA, with offices in New York, Chicago, San Francisco and London, DataXu (www.dataxu.com)( Voted Advertising Age’s 2011 #5 Best Place to Work & Named “Top Place to Work in 2011” by Boston Globe) is the only multi-channel digital marketing management (DMM) platform offering real time optimization for display, video, and mobile advertisers.
DataXu brings to market the industry’s first and only machine learning-based DMM platform: DX3, which makes impression-level decisions in real time, optimizing the creative, consumer and contextual ad choices to help brands acquire more customers for less money. Forrester Research December 2011 report: “The Forrester Wave™: Demand-Side Platforms, Q4 2011,” in which DataXu is recognized as a Leader with DX3 ranked as the #1 current offering. http://www.dataxu.com/news/press-releases/forrester-wave-report/
Beyond its technology, DataXu has developed a trusted reputation for expertly advising and servicing advertisers and media agencies trying to cross the chasm into a data-driven way of working. DataXu is now expanding those relationships globally.
- Medical & Dental Insurance – 100% company paid deductible
- FSA (Medical, Dependent & Transportation care)
- Onsite dry cleaning service
- Company paid weekly catered lunches
- Innovation Days
- Generous Employee Referral Program
- Monthly Employee Recognition Program
- Free snacks and drinks
- Friday socials