Server Side Software Developer at Foursquare in San Francisco, CA
foursquare helps you and your friends make the most of where you are. We're a small but highly ambitious company with millions of users worldwide relying on foursquare to keep up with friends, discover what's nearby, save money and unlock deals. We’re also helping over a million registered merchants ranging from local businesses to global brands connect with their customers.
To thrive as a member of team foursquare, you must embrace our exciting work-hard, play-hard environment. We're a close-knit team and, especially at the end of a long day over beers, we feel like we're inventing the future together.
About the Server Side Software Developer position:
Work with Foursquare application stack and scale architecture to deal with the company's rapidly growing user base. Contribute to improvements in the usability, look and feel of the website. Push new versions of the website and API. Develop innovative consumer facing mobile products and applications. Play a key role in product development to help shape the direction of Foursquare's feature set.
- Education - Master's in Computer Science or closely-related (or foreign equivalent)
- Experience - 3 years of experience in software engineering.
- Acceptable alternative education and experience - Bachelor’s in Computer Science or closely-related (or foreign equivalent) and 5 years of experience in software engineering.
- Familiar with database systems.
- Demonstrated expertise with Java and other object-oriented languages.
- Background with AJAX-based websites.
- Ability to build highly-scalable web applications.
- Familiar with large-scale data management and data integration.
- Familiar with web search, information retrieval, and data mining
Location: This position is located in our San Francisco, CA office.
How to apply: By mail to Job #FQ-1201, attn Susan Loh, Foursquare Labs, Inc., 568 Broadway, 10th Fl., New York, NY 10012.