Senior Data Scientist & Machine Learning Engineer at DataXu in Boston, MA
We find our people as inspiring as we do our company.
Fun, smart & vibrant people make up our Xu (pronounced “zoo”) team! Our collaborative, dynamic & high energy environment makes this the kind of place where people want to work. Our Xu team is looking for additional members:
Senior Data Scientist & Machine Learning Engineer
DataXu is looking for a Senior Data Scientist & Optimization Engineer to join the Optimization Group. The role will be located in our Downtown Boston headquarters. DataXu's system is a ground breaking media analytics and media buying automation system.
The role is a part of the Core Technology Group reporting to the CTO. The Engineer/Scientist will mine petabytes of media data and write analytical software to automatically build optimal media buying algorithms. The right person for this role will enjoy diving into messy data, cleaning it up, finding powerful insights, presenting them in a compelling way, then writing robust code to automate this process.
- Dive into data, clean it up, and pull out insights that can be used to improve system performance
- Develop algorithms to improve DataXu’s media buying platform
- Run live experiments to prototype the improvements and prove their efficacy
- Assist the development team with productization of successful algorithms
- Provide expert consultative assistance to other teams in the company
- Contribute to the technical vision for DataXu
Masters or PhD Degree in Machine Learning , Operations Research, Applied Math, or similar field
- Experience with TB size (or PB size) datasets
- Experience with diving into messy data, finding insights, and presenting them to people in a way it can be easily understood
- Experience with markets, auctions and/or advertising a big plus
- Excellent understanding of algorithms and data structures for optimization
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience with UNIX environments (Linux)
- Experience with software development in Java
- Experience with analysis tools such as R, Matlab, Weka, or similar
About the Company:
Headquartered in Boston, MA, with offices in New York, Chicago, San Francisco and London, DataXu (www.dataxu.com)( Voted Advertising Age’s 2011 #5 Best Place to Work & Named “Top Place to Work in 2011” by Boston Globe) is the only multi-channel digital marketing management (DMM) platform offering real time optimization for display, video, and mobile advertisers.
DataXu brings to market the industry’s first and only machine learning-based DMM platform: DX3, which makes impression-level decisions in real time, optimizing the creative, consumer and contextual ad choices to help brands acquire more customers for less money. Forrester Research December 2011 report: “The Forrester Wave™: Demand-Side Platforms, Q4 2011,” in which DataXu is recognized as a Leader with DX3 ranked as the #1 current offering. http://www.dataxu.com/news/press-releases/forrester-wave-report/
Beyond its technology, DataXu has developed a trusted reputation for expertly advising and servicing advertisers and media agencies trying to cross the chasm into a data-driven way of working. DataXu is now expanding those relationships globally.
- Medical & Dental Insurance – 100% company paid deductible
- FSA (Medical, Dependent & Transportation care)
- Onsite dry cleaning service
- Company paid weekly catered lunches
- Innovation Days
- Generous Employee Referral Program
- Monthly Employee Recognition Program
- Free snacks and drinks
- Friday socials