Web Operations Engineer at Cinchcast in New York, NY
Cinchcast provides cloud-based software and services for creating, distributing, measuring and monetizing voice-based content.
Our technology allows anyone, anywhere the ability to host a live web broadcast or recorded event using any telephone. Our network streams, archives and hosts millions of events every day. Headquarted in New York City, Cinchcast is a privately held company.
Cinchcast recently completed a $6M round of funding, so we're well-financed and ready to tackle the future. You can read more about the funding round here:
- Continuously assess the health of the production environment via performance and application monitoring tools.
- Maintain multi-server load balanced web farm running on Windows Server OS and IIS web server. Perform daily system and application monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs for issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements both in our data center and on Amazon cloud.
- Manage and maintain backups for all systems and applications.
- Occasional Help Desk work helping internal employees or customers.
- Assist with the development of standards and procedures, and making technology recommendations.
- Takes part in a 24x7 on-call rotation
- Assists in the investigation of end issues/complaints and assists with the delivery of an appropriate remedy and response
- 5+ years experience in Systems Administration
- 5+ years experience with Hardware & networking
- Experience monitoring performance of web applications.
- Advanced knowledge of installations, upgrades and troubleshooting of Windows Server 2003, 2008 & Web application Servers.
- Strong skill set working with Linux
- Knowledge of tuning and getting best performance out of IIS6 and IIS7 servers in load balanced environment.
- Familiar with Web Application architecture & design
- Solid understanding of networks and their relation to end users.
- Solid understanding of server administration and management.
- Understanding how to leverage CDNs
- General comprehension of scaling out web applications
- Excellent organization skills, project tracking abilities, communications skills
- Detail oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A desire to learn and improve skills and knowledge
- Experience managing SQL Server databases is a plus.
- Knowledge of Telephony and Streaming Media is a plus
- We pay top dollar for talent - salary, generous commissions, benefits, bonus and stock options.
- You have the opportunity to have an enormous impact at a fast growing start-up
- You will work with the team in great new office space
- Your choice of hardware and software to get the job done