Full Stack Web Developer (remote possible) at Xamarin in San Francisco, CA
You will be a member of our web infrastructure/devops team. This is a do-whatever-it-takes, new task every week, startup position. We’re looking for a self-starting, self-learner who’s not afraid of new technologies and who can quickly throw together web apps single-handedly.
- Extensive experience with C#, ASP.NET and ASP.NET MVC.
- Comfort with various databases; we use MySQL, MS-SQL and PostgreSQL.
- Very comfortable with jQuery.
- You don’t have to be able to make gorgeous CSS/HTML, but you should be able to do something that looks okay until the frontend designer has a chance to clean it up.
- Ability to deliver reliable solutions in a timely manner.
- Self-learner: new technology? No problem, you'll figure it out!
- Familiarity with Linux and Windows servers: configuration, networking, some kind of scripting language.
- Prior experience with the Mono framework is a plus.
- Build a simple job board for our developer community.
- Help us create a web forum that integrates with our mailing lists.
- Help us maintain and extend our internal CRM interfaces.
- Create specialized sites and workflows for marketing programs.
- Restore a server from a backup.
- Setup a caching proxy in front of a web server.
- Reconfigure some URL redirects in Apache.
- Build reports and batch processing for our online store.
- Moderate messages on the mailing list.
- Make changes to our DNS records.
- Help us monitor the health of our various web services.
- Perform a live, zero-downtime service upgrade.
Prefer Boston or San Francisco, but any location is fine.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Solid stock in a fast-growing startup.
- We offer 20 vacation days per year to all employees.
- Opportunities for career advancement as we grow.