Sr. User Experience Designer (SF or Redwood City) at Turn in Redwood City, CA
Turn delivers real-time insights that transform the way leading advertising agencies and marketers make decisions. Our cloud applications and Internet-scale architecture work together to provide a complete picture of customers, execute cross-channel campaigns, and connect with a worldwide ecosystem of over 100 partners. Turn is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Amsterdam, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, London, Los Angeles, New York, Paris, and San Francisco. Company revenue has more than doubled every year of Turn’s existence. For more information, visit turn.com or follow @turnplatform.
Please take a moment to view our culture video at: http://www.turn.com/working-at-turn/
Turn was founded to bring the efficiencies of search to digital advertising and to empower the world’s premier advertising agencies and brands to reach custom audiences at scale. We are a software and services company with the industry’s only end-to-end platform for delivering effective data-driven digital advertising. Our technology infrastructure, self-service interface, optimization algorithms, real-time analytics, and interoperability represent the future of media
and data management.
Turn, Inc seeks a senior user experience designer with skills and experience in user experience specification, UI design, interaction design, and visual design to help re-imagine our industry-leading SaaS products for the advertising space. A successful candidate will have deep background in user experience design and illustrate an ability to apply strategic design thinking to business goals. The candidate is a hands-on UI designer and will be responsible for delivering the full stack of user experience design deliverables as well as production-ready assets. The individual will be comfortable working with senior members of the management team and engineers in interactive design sessions.
The Sr. User Experience Designer will help shape the future of Turn, Inc’s products with a strong focus on simplicity, ease of use and data visualization. The individual must have a proven track record of defining concise and distinctive user centered solutions through an iterative design process as well as synthesizing input from multiple stakeholders including product management, account management and sales, engineering, and executive management. The Sr. User Experience Designer will work closely with the Director of User Experience to bring a singular focus on the end users, their tasks and goals, and the context of their natural habitats.
- Develop the full stack of UX deliverables, from personas and storyboards, to information architecture and interaction design, to UI design & wireframes, as well as visual standards
- Using any means necessary to develop high and low fidelity prototypes to make the design case internally and externally to customers.
- Achieve consensus and communicate design requirements.
- Develop alternative approaches to meeting product requirements, using judgment to suggest optimal solutions to design problems that balance customer need, business constraints, and technological realities.
- Take responsibility for creating the user interface of key customer experiences and projects, concentrating on end-to-end scenarios and key user tasks.
- Experienced with enterprise UI/SaaS conventions and standards, with a healthy mix of new approaches and forward thinking
- Capable of defining and implementing design guidelines, and design specs; demonstrate experience with industry/platform standards.
- Prior experience in conceptual development and creative prototypes as well as tactical UI design and implementation.
- Excellent strategic problem-solving and decision-making skills in the field of design.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage several projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze an application and transform the design to make it simple and easy to use.
- A quick study. Methods to gather and synthesize information quickly and efficiently
- Able to successfully negotiate a range of projects, from vague to well-defined, simple to complex, implementation to innovation.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Effective communicator, presenter, and negotiator.
- Facility with various design methods and processes, including Agile and iterative development.
- Product/interaction design, symbolic systems or engineering design degree. Ideally post-graduate design degree preferred in UX design or cognitive science/human factors.
- Experience with major design tools including Adobe suite and Omnigraffle.
Location: Redwood City or San Francisco
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Turn.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.