Senior Java Engineer at TRUSTe in San Francisco, CA
We’re coding the future of privacy. Join us.
Engineering at TRUSTe means building cutting-edge data privacy platforms for thousands of companies around the world. The products we ship have a direct, immediate impact on the way millions of users access and control their personal information online. From scaling privacy notice and choice for billions of online ad impressions, to pioneering website crawling technology, our privacy platforms are helping to shape the future of big data.
At their core, we design our products to facilitate data transparency, accountability, and user choice. At the end of the day we're in the trust-building business, not the data-limiting business. We believe that privacy, done right, actually encourages the exchange of data by fostering trust. We have over 5,000 clients who share this vision and leverage our products to build trusted environments where users feel comfortable sharing data in exchange for goods, services, and personalized experiences.
Our new San Francisco headquarters reflect our company's work hard, play hard mentality. Conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, our offices sit directly adjacent to the Powell St. Muni and BART stop for easy commutes. We've got an outdoor ping-pong table and two spacious roof decks, a game room, and a well-stocked kitchen with plenty of caffeine and snacks to fuel coding binges. For after hours fun, join-in on regular company hacking events and happy hours (did we mention we have a kegerator on premises?). And, of course, we offer competitive salaries, bonuses, stock options, and full benefits. At TRUSTe work/life balance is a reality here with our Endless Summer program that allows you to take a reasonable amount of paid time away from the office for any personal need. To show we mean business, we hold a quarterly raffle where the winner must take a week off and TRUSTe will add $1,000 to your paycheck to cover vacation expenses. Apply today to join the TRUSTe team! Learn more at www.Truste.com
TRUSTe is seeking an experienced and highly technical leader to be a senior level team player to our core team of Java Engineers. Located at our headquarters in San Francisco, CA, you will work your hands-on approach to tackle complex and interesting problems such as building highly reliable and complex products that manage billions of impressions in a week to analyzing numerous sites for privacy leaks.
As part of a fast-paced and highly collaborative team, you will engage your 10 years of Java programming experience to not only provide expertise to the core team of Java engineers, but also to personally drive the development of our products. You should have outstanding analytical and programming skills, with a deep understanding of Java application development. You should know how to build scalable data processing and collection systems. If you like to work on interesting projects that impact the on-line privacy challenges facing millions of people and businesses everyday we want to talk to you. With the right skills and experience you will be a key contributor to high-profile areas of development.
- Self starter able to proactively solve problems and work independently on a major feature
- Ability to mentor, motivate and lead a team of engineers to outperform.
- Ability to design, develop, iterate on a rapid basis
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Understanding of latest innovations, trends and emerging technologies
- Knowledge of open source technologies and a strong preference for code reuse
- At least 10 years of Java programming experience
- Server side development on several successfully deployed high volume websites
- Strong foundation in Computer Science - Basic algorithms and data structures and relevant time/storage tradeoffs, Operating systems, Languages and Software Engineering practice
- Strong understanding of Java’s threading and memory models
- 3 years experience minimum working with Hibernate and Spring
- Experience developing Web services APIs
- Comfortable working on small fast moving teams in a lean startup environment employing TDD and other Agile development practices with frequent releases
- BS or graduate degree in Computer Science or comparable field of study. MS or PhD preferred.
- Expertise with SQL
- Experience with No SQL databases (e.g. MongoDB, Hadoop/Hbase or Cassandra) and MapReduce processing
To all recruitment agencies: TRUSTe does not accept unsolicited agency resumes without executing a staffing services agreement and commencing a specific search by TRUSTe’s human resources department. Please do not forward resumes to TRUSTe’s career jobs alias or its employees. TRUSTe is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.