Data Analyst at MarketShare in London, United Kingdom
MarketShare is an analytics company that enables businesses to grow more efficiently via cross-media attribution and marketing optimization through our platform of combined technology, data, modeling and business intelligence solutions. We are reshaping the way companies think about advertising and marketing their products and services and delivers unprecedented recommendations and checkpoints to help them achieve the best possible ROI via marketing. The mathematics and modeling behind our work are globally recognized and respected as industry-leading.
We pride ourselves on a track record of developing ground-breaking innovations in predictive analytics and software, and delivering insights that exceed client expectations, which has led to continued growth and long-term client relationships. MarketShare is currently powering marketing and media insights for many of the Fortune 500 companies, leading ad agencies and large media conglomerates around the world. We have helped direct over $100 billion in marketing spend for clients in over 45 countries and all U.S. DMA's.
MarketShare team has grown worldwide across Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, London, Tokyo, and Bangalore.
To apply for open positions, please visit MarketShare.com/careers
EMEA Data Analyst - (marketing analytics)
Location: Central London, UK
We are building out our EMEA operations and are seeking an extremely talented Data Analyst. The successful candidate will work on data collection, transformation, validation and results generation on MarketShare engagements as a key member of the analytical project delivery team. The role is focused on supporting client delivery and driving continual improvement and efficiencies in the data management and results generation processes.
This position will report directly to the Head of Data Management.
What we look for:
- 1+ years experience working with large sets of diverse client data source files (ideally with time-series).
- Expertise working with SAS for data transformation and manipulation.
- Collaborative working methods within a project team of diverse expertise bringing communication skills including oral, written and presentation, creativity, and problem solving abilities to a challenging environment.
- Competency in auditing, developing and validating data.
- Strong experience working with Excel (e.g. pivot tables, vlookup, etc).
- Broad knowledge of using other Data Management tools (e.g. Access, SQL).
- Understanding and experience working with relational databases.
- Experience with econometric projects and time-series data.
- Basic knowledge of statistics and econometrics, enabling effective data management.
The successful candidate will be:
- Self-motivated with the ability to work on own initiative and equally as a strong team player.
- Strong in their quantitative and analytical skills.
- Superior in their attention to detail.
- Tenacious but amiable.
- An individual who strives for continuous improvement.
- Responsible for working with internal client-facing managers and econometricians on the development and execution of a data collection and transformation plan.
- Work with clients to collect data in appropriate formats that are tailored, relevant and in-line with model design specification.
- Liaise and build excellent working relationships with clients and internal global networks.
- Responsible for reviewing/auditing external data files and working to resolve data issues with the client.
- Responsible for creating and implementing necessary process steps and quality checks to ensure data integrity.
- Responsible for maintaining critical project documentation (e.g., work plan, data dictionary, issues logs).
- Overall project data management contributing towards maximum project cost control and achieving 0% rework status.
Data Landscaping and Analysis:
- Interpretation and summarisation of data - present back to the internal project team.
- Support and work closely with modelling and strategy teams, with regards to models, results presentation, insights extraction and final presentation material.
Outside Recruiters: Please do not contact MarketShare employees with unsolicited resumes.