Software Architect - Advanced Technologies at DataXu in Boston, MA
We find our people as inspiring as we do our company.
Fun, smart & vibrant people make up our Xu (pronounced “zoo”) team! Our collaborative, dynamic & high energy environment makes this the kind of place where people want to work. Our Xu team is looking for additional members:
Software Architect – Advanced Technologies
DataXu seeks a highly motivated Software Architect to participate in the development of DataXu’s automated media decision platform for advertisers. This position reports to the CTO.
This is a technical position with focus on research of technologies, design and hands-on development of prototypes or advanced product features. We are looking for someone who has designed software products focused on processing, management and analysis of large amounts of data and enjoys trying out the latest technologies and approaches. Prior experience in the digital advertising industry is a plus, but not required. Experience with two or more of Real-Time processing, Scalable Bid Data Processing, Java Concurrency, Stream Processing, and/or Enterprise Data Warehouses is required.
- Work directly with CTO, Product Team and Engineering Teams.
- Translate business requirements to technical requirements.
- Analyze requirements, design and prototype advanced product features.
- Lead and Coach Software Development teams on a project by project basis.
- Research available technologies. Contribute to buy vs. build decisions.
- Design data/object models and interface designs
- Provide effort and cost estimates.
- Document and communicate results to stakeholders and application developers.
- Make data-driven decisions. Identify metrics to quantify various aspects of a large SaaS environment. Collect and analyze data.
- Prepare deployment architectures including hardware selection. Build cost models. Optimize price/performance ratio.
- MS/PhD in Computer Science, or related field of study, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years experience in designing complex, scalable, highly-available distributed software products.
- 5+ years experience in Java programming including multi-threading, web services, Json/XML processing, ORM/JDBC.
- 3+ years experience in API design, relational data modeling and object-oriented design.
- Solid understanding of data warehousing including multi-dimensional data modeling (ROLAP), ETL data processing concepts and SQL.
- Experience with big data technologies like map-reduce (Hadoop), NoSQL databases (Hbase) and distributed streaming.
- Experience in developing on Unix/Linux.
- Knowledge and experience with statistical modeling and machine learning is a strong plus.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails is a plus.
- Experience working in an Agile development process.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working in a team environment.
About the Company:
Headquartered in Boston, MA, with offices in New York, Chicago, San Francisco, Cologne, and London, DataXu (www.dataxu.com)( Voted Advertising Age’s 2011 #5 Best Place to Work & Named “Top Place to Work in 2011” by Boston Globe) is the only multi-channel digital marketing management (DMM) platform offering real time optimization for display, video, and mobile advertisers.
DataXu brings to market the industry’s first and only machine learning-based DMM platform: DX3, which makes impression-level decisions in real time, optimizing the creative, consumer and contextual ad choices to help brands acquire more customers for less money. Forrester Research December 2011 report: “The Forrester Wave™: Demand-Side Platforms, Q4 2011,” in which DataXu is recognized as a Leader with DX3 ranked as the #1 current offering. http://www.dataxu.com/news/press-releases/forrester-wave-report/
Beyond its technology, DataXu has developed a trusted reputation for expertly advising and servicing advertisers and media agencies trying to cross the chasm into a data-driven way of working. DataXu is now expanding those relationships globally.
- Medical & Dental Insurance – 100% company paid deductible
- FSA (Medical, Dependent & Transportation care)
- Onsite dry cleaning service
- Company paid weekly catered lunches
- Innovation Days
- Generous Employee Referral Program
- Monthly Employee Recognition Program
- Free snacks and drinks
- Friday socials