We're sorry, but this job has been closed. See other open jobs at BuzzFeed
Not the right job?
Summer Business/Ads Intern at BuzzFeed in New York, NY
BuzzFeed is looking for a smart, detail-oriented, summer intern to support our social advertising operations. We're a new kind of media company for the social world. Our technology powers the social distribution of content, detects what is trending on the web, and connects people in realtime with the hottest content of the moment. Our site is a rapidly growing hub for media that reaches over 20 million monthly unique visitors and our network tracks an additional 300M uniques. You will report directly to one of our VPs and work on campaign management and reporting.
This is an ideal internship for an individual looking to break into the world of internet/media startups. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a dynamic start-up environment, will bring energy and passion to everything they do, and will not be afraid to roll up his/her sleeves to tackle projects both big and small.
This is a paid internship based in our NYC offices.
- Monitor and optimize campaign delivery - work with third parties to resolve discrepancies
- Inventory forecasting and management
- Review new insertion orders - review contract terms, available inventory, and pricing
- Develop a thorough understanding of DFP and become an expert on BuzzFeed ad products and ad specifications
- Adhoc analysis and reporting
- Deliver timely custom campaign reports - PowerPoint and Excel expertise are a must
- Strong quantitative skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly proficient with MS Excel
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- High level of attention to detail, excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize demands and meet deadlines
- Ability to thrive and be highly effective in a fast-paced and fluid environment, as well as situations of ambiguity and uncertainty - (We're a startup, come up with an approach to solve the challenge rather than just state it.)
- Demonstrated interest in Technology, Internet and/or Media/Advertising
- Knowledge of/experience with DSPs, SSPs a definite plus
BuzzFeed is a new kind of media company for the social world. Our technology powers the viral distribution of content, detects what is trending on the web, and connects people in realtime with the hottest content of the moment. Our site is a rapidly growing hub for viral media that reaches over 20 million monthly unique visitors and our viral media network reaches an additional 300M.
BuzzFeed is at the forefront of a major shift in the advertising industry away from traditional banner ads towards "social advertising" that engages consumers, inspires sharing, and produces viral lift, or "earned media."
BuzzFeed's industry leading technology and unique social distribution engine is used by top brands such as GE, Kraft, and Coca Cola to go beyond banners, turbo charging their social advertising and branded content initiatives.
Jonah Peretti, founder & CEO of BuzzFeed, previously cofounded the Huffington Post and is a graduate of the MIT Media Lab.
BuzzFeed is backed by: NEA, Softbank, Hearst, RRE, Lerer Ventures, SV Angel and Founder Collective.