Sales Operations Analyst at Puppet Labs in Portland, OR
Sales Operations Analyst
Reports to: VP Finance/HR/Administration
Location: Portland, OR
Summary of Role
Are you a Salesforce power user? Are you analytical by nature? Do you enjoy supporting sales teams and wearing multiple hats? Excited about what Puppet Labs is doing and want to be a part of it?
Puppet Labs is seeking an experienced Sales Operations Analyst with deep Salesforce knowledge to support sales operations, manage contracts and commissions, as well as provide project coordination for our Professional Services team. In this role, you will develop and improve sales strategies and processes/policies, as well as perform revenue forecasting, budgeting, analysis and reporting. You’ll manage sales pipelines, administer the commissions and incentive earnings function, and provide trend, market, and competitive research and analysis. Furthermore, you’ll interpret and administer contracts and licensing agreements, assist with investigations of infringement leads, and assist in contract negotiations and compliance issues as needed. As project coordinator, you’ll assist Professional Services management by managing completion of projects and provide administrative and technical support to these efforts.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience providing analytical and project support to a Sales team
- Proficiency in Sales Force Automation *required*.
- Strong knowledge of administrative practices and procedures with the ability to manage sensitive, complex and confidential information.
- Proven communication, interpersonal, time management and organizational abilities.
- Strong focus on teamwork with the ability to manage relationships across multiple departments.
- Clear commitment to accuracy and thoroughness with a results-oriented work ethic.
- Experience working independently in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines.
- Ability to pull large amounts of data into a presentable format
- Self-motivated to learn new systems, software, and business practices.
Preferred but not required:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field.
- Experience working with Mac OS and Google applications.
- Experience working in a rapidly growing organization a plus.
Please include a cover letter with your application describing why you are interested in working for Puppet Labs, and how you feel your experience fits the listed qualifications of the position.
Working for Puppet Labs
Based in Portland, Oregon, we're making powerful, enterprise-class IT management technologies accessible to companies of all sizes, enabling our customers to leverage their IT systems for competitive advantage and eliminate IT inefficiencies and outages. We're an enterprise software company with a consumer sales model, a passionate, worldwide use base, and the conviction that open source infrastructure is the way forward. Everyone who works here has a real, direct impact on the company, and our list of interesting and difficult challenges will always be larger than the time we have to tackle them. Our work environment is relaxed yet results driven, encouraging creativity, collaboration, and challenging each other in order to foster continuous improvement. Our employees embody our values, displaying curiosity, self-motivation, adaptability, and a passion for what Puppet is all about.