Senior Data Scientist at Fliptop in San Francisco, CA
Reports to VP Engineering.
People-related data is a $25 Billion a year industry. But most of it is centered on the physical world (phone number, mailing address), not the digital world (emails, social networks). That's where Fliptop comes in.
Fliptop mines the public web to help companies fill in the digital blanks in their customer databases. We've worked with large enterprise companies to tie hundreds of millions of customers to their Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn profiles.
We believe in being one of the good guys. Our unique matching algorithm relies 100% on public streams and fully respects third-party Privacy and Terms.
Do you eat, sleep and drink Big Data? Do your colleagues describe you as a bad-a**? Then we want you on our team. You will become the primary driver of our algorithm and technology decisions. You will be neck-deep in coding, and ultimately build out a team that's as bad-a** as you are.
"Chief Scientist" is on the table if you've got the right background.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or related field
- 3+ years experience in Natural Language Processing, Computational Linguistics, Machine-Learning - in industry or on a large-scale academic project
- Practical experience in a Linux environment
- Experience with one or more of the following programming languages: Scala, Java, Ruby, Python
- Solid understanding of statistical methods: experimental design, analysis of variance / regression, logistic regression, non-parametric statistics
Good to have:
- Familiarity with existing NLP resources: Wordnet, POS taggers, parsers, LingPipe, SVMLight, NLTK, Weka, and similar tools.
- Experience with Mahout and the Hadoop ecosystem
- Experience with NoSQL and graph databases
- Experience with streaming APIs
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
What's in it for you:
- Competitive salary and early-stage stock options
- Fun office in SOMA with ping-pong and a loaded beer fridge
- Flexible work hours and telecommuting
- Open vacation policy
- Quarterly company volunteer activities (e.g. SF Food Bank, Glide, Exploratorium)
- Quarterly company fun activities (e.g. snowboarding, go-karting, sailing)