Senior QA Engineer at Wildfire Interactive, Inc. in Redwood City, CA
About Wildfire Interactive:
Wildfire is a social media marketing software company positioned squarely on top of the social media revolution. We provide an all-in-one social marketing solution for large brands, small businesses and agencies looking to grow, engage and monetize their audiences across social channels. Wildfire is the industry’s de facto innovator for achieving results: our platform has powered more than 200,000 social promotions, and helped thousands of brands manage content and streamline their communications across the social web. No company knows better how to get Likes, fans, and followers, and drive sales. We work with 27 of the World’s Top 50 brands, and count among our clients companies like Pepsi, Virgin Atlantic, Nestle, and Microsoft.
Headquartered in Redwood City, California, Wildfire has offices around the globe: in Los Angeles, Chicago, New York City, London, Paris, Munich and Singapore. We’ve grown our team from 5 to more than 250 (the largest team in our industry), in just over two years. We are a 2x winner of Facebook’s fbFund, a TechCrunch Crunchies Award nominee, and were named one of the Top 10 Best Places to Work by the San Francisco Business Times.
If you are the type of person who has a passion for great software, if you find yourself breaking things on purpose just to see how easy it was to do so, if you are strong-willed, quick-witted, have patience and attention to detail, and want to join a smart, rapidly growing start-up with a ton of talent, then we are looking for you. We are a collaborative, tight knit software engineering organization with high levels of technical depth, programming skill, and a true passion for Agile and sustainable development.
As a Senior QA Engineer, you will be embedded and work in a cross-functional Scrum team, collaborating to develop, test and release a variety of product features. You will interact with software engineers, Product Owners, and designers, to create acceptance criteria and test strategies for these new features, as well as develop and write automated test scripts, and execute them - along with manual exploratory testing - during the sprints.
- Work closely with Developers and Product Owners as a member of a Scrum team, and participate in the product backlog grooming and sprint planning meetings, daily Scrums, retrospectives and demos
- Collaborate with product owners and developers on testing strategies
- Perform testing activities - including manual exploratory testing - and provide feedback on features delivered, working to ensure that these features are accepted by the product owner
- Write test documentation as needed, investigate and report issues, troubleshoot bugs and problems, and monitor resolutions
- Maintain current automation tests and run these tests in parallel with development
What We’re Looking For:
- Minimum 5 years QA experience including at least 3 years experience testing web applications
- Solid knowledge of QA practices, especially when applied and practiced in an Agile context
- Significant experience performing black box and grey box testing activities in a Scrum environment
- Experience coding automated tests using higher level languagessuch as Python, Ruby, Java, or Perl
- Expertise in cross-browser testing, and knowledge of common issues in different browsers
- Solid understanding of database and web architecture
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to multitask and handle prioritized objectives
- Knowledge and experience with social media applications such as Facebook and Twitter
- Genuine enjoyment of software testing and problem solving
- Experience with Performance Testing, Behavior Driven Development (BDD), Cucumber, Watir and Capybara a big plus
- Competitive pay
- Individual & dependent health, dental, and vision benefits
- Life, AD&D, S<D insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- 401k plan
- Stock options
- Casual dress workplace
- Free CalTrain (GoPass)
- Free access to ClubOne Fitness (on-premise)