Night Editor (Remote -- i.e., anywhere) at BuzzFeed in New York, NY
BuzzFeed is seeking a hungry, number-oriented maniac to come aboard as our night editor. We're a leading social news organization, intensely focused on delivering high-quality original reporting, insight, and viral content across a rapidly expanding array of subject areas. Our technology powers the social distribution of content, detects what is trending on the web, and connects people in realtime with the hottest content of the moment. Our site is rapidly growing and reaches more than 20 million monthly unique visitors.
- Write, edit, and produce posts for BuzzFeed.com
- Optimize BuzzFeed content for social media pick up
- Post BuzzFeed content to various social media sites
- Curate and coax the BuzzFeed homepage into becoming a true thing of beauty
- 2-3 years experience writing or editing for a large website
- Proven ability to get viral traffic
- Experience using social media in a professional capacity
- Thorough understanding of SEO, web copywrite issues, web research
- Familiarity with standard photo-editing tools (PhotoShop or the like)
- Established social media presence
- No haters
BuzzFeed is a new kind of media company for the social world. Our technology powers the viral distribution of content, detects what is trending on the web, and connects people in realtime with the hottest content of the moment. Our site is a rapidly growing hub for viral media that reaches over 20 million monthly unique visitors and our viral media network reaches an additional 300M.
BuzzFeed is at the forefront of a major shift in the advertising industry away from traditional banner ads towards "social advertising" that engages consumers, inspires sharing, and produces viral lift, or "earned media."
BuzzFeed's industry leading technology and unique social distribution engine is used by top brands such as GE, Kraft, and Coca Cola to go beyond banners, turbo charging their social advertising and branded content initiatives.
Jonah Peretti, founder & CEO of BuzzFeed, previously cofounded the Huffington Post and is a graduate of the MIT Media Lab.
BuzzFeed is backed by: NEA, Softbank, Hearst, RRE, Lerer Ventures, SV Angel and Founder Collective.