Channel Marketing Manager at Piston Cloud in San Francisco, CA
Piston Cloud Computing, Inc. is a software company founded in 2011 by several of the creators of OpenStack™.
Piston Cloud makes enterprise-grade cloud software for secure private cloud environments. Our core product, Piston Enterprise OS, is an easy, secure and open version of OpenStack™, specifically focused on the needs of enterprise. Our goal is to help organizations solve their enterprise storage and compute problems, with the flexibility to adapt and build on a open and accessible codebase, while reserving the option of working with their choice of hardware and software providers for a distinct strategic and economic IT advantage.
We also act as a liaison between the businesses, academic communities and nonprofit and research organizations that deploy OpenStack, and the open source community that develops it. We help drive OpenStack™ forward via our code contributions, thought leadership through our role on the OpenStack™ Project Policy Board, and in support of the OpenStack developer community. We willingly share our expertise, leadership, guidance, vision and code with the community and other companies working to make OpenStack™ the industry standard in cloud.
We are headquartered just off of Union Square San Francisco. We love shuffling, pints from Magnolia's, coffee from Blue Bottle, and dressing fancy on Fridays. We wear hats. We proudly sponsor several local startup events, including OpenStack hack-a-thons every other Thursday, and we travel twice a year to the OpenStack™ conference. Check out our website at www.pistoncloud.com
- Be the primary point of contact, and manage day to day marketing relationships with Piston Cloud channel partners; work closely with them to identify and prioritize joint marketing programs to build mindshare and grow revenue
- Create and execute strategic marketing plans, including PR, joint events, messaging, positioning and website & sales collateral content creation.
- Create systems and procedures to streamline partner onboarding and relationship management; aggressively drive partners to maximize potential through marketing best practices.
- Coordinate co-marketing activity and resolve channel conflict. In collaboration with Piston Cloud’s partners, develop strategies for streamlining a complex, enterprise solution sale.
- Work closely with Piston Cloud’s creative marketing team to drive campaigns, programs and events to extend partner relationships and drive leads.
- Perform business metrics reviews and analysis of each Channel Partner’s performance. Identify issues contributing to success or shortcomings in the Channel, and take any corrective action.
- Keep current with our product release information including product roadmap, features and applications; communicate masterfully with partners on new products and service offerings as appropriate.
- Keeping abreast of competition, competitive issues and products; aid in developing strategic initiatives that will result in increasing the Channel Partner’s sales leads.
- Travel when necessary to partner events to represent Piston Cloud, and or present our solutions to both partners and end customers of partners.
- Bachelors degree
- 5+ years’ experience in sales, marketing or business development, preferably in the technology, and/or solution software sales industries.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to manage relationships with multiple accounts and partners.
- Experience with CRM, analytics and marketing automation software. Must have excellent skills using online meeting tools, Salesforce, and marketing automation systems.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to craft a solution with appropriate products and services that meets business goals based on client discussions.
- Must be able to travel up to 25-40%of the time.
- Qualified candidates will be required to conduct an in-person presentation and submit a writing sample.