Sales Development Associate at Twilio Inc. in San Francisco, CA
- Twilio is powering the future of business communications, providing a platform for building modern, communications–enabled applications - light, cloud-based, scalable, and user experience focused.
- Nearly 150,000 developers have signed up to be a part of this disruption, building applications for security, privacy, and fraud prevention; customer service and help desk support; sales communications; marketing and lead management; business process and logistics; and business communications and collaboration.
- Twilio customers include great brands like airbnb, eBay, Hulu, Intuit, LinkedIn, Quora, Sony, SurveyMonkey, Trulia, WalmartLabs, and ZenDesk.
- We are focused on enabling the DOers and obsessed with making communications-enabled applications simple to build.
About the Job:
Our Sales team is the central hub for high value customers and prospects across our fast growing business. We are looking for a passionate tech savvy individual looking to contribute to and learn from an experienced and high performing sales team. You will use data-driven methods to develop and an outbound lead generation strategy, working closely with our Enterprise and SMB Sales Managers to route prospects quickly and efficiently.
- Generate qualified sales leads through outbound emails, calls, and trade show events.
- Track communications with customers and prospects in Salesforce.com.
- Answer our customer’s basic product questions, with a strong emphasis on delighting the customer.
- Capture lead metrics and customer trends, and present periodic proposals to management on ways to improve sales process.
- Attend local tech events and conferences, evangelizing Twilio and cementing our reputation as a friendly and knowledgeable part of the startup community.
- You are analytical and detail oriented. You can collect data and quickly make decisions about next steps in the sales process. You are comfortable making data-driven decisions.
- You are an intelligent and ambitious go-getter, and you’re excited to develop your technology sales skills working with a fast growing startup with real traction in the marketplace.
- You are a tech-savvy "people" person who learns fast and thinks on your feet. You love working with real customers: listening to them and solving problems.
- You’re ready to roll up your sleeves to get stuff done, doing whatever it takes to retain and delight a customer. You’ve admired the Nordstroms, Apple, Zappos service ethos.
- You have a bachelor’s degree from a top tier university or equivalent experience.
Nice to Have:
- Experience working with SalesForce.com or other CRM systems.
- Entrepreneurial and leadership experience of some variety, such as starting a business, leading a team or club.
- You’ve won awards for being awesome in some way.
- A can-do "make it happen" attitude: you are comfortable making decisions with little supervision or direction.
- Full benefits, including medical, dental, vision and 401k
- An Amazon Kindle on your first day, and $30/month to spend on books
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Catered lunches a few times a week and a weekly team dinner featuring invited technology and entrepreneurial speakers
- Excellent gear (We ❤ Apple computers and big monitors!)
- Twilio track jacket after demoing your first Twilio app in front of the company!
How to apply:
- Want to stand out? Sign up and build an app using the Twilio API. Include a link to it in your cover letter. Bonus points for pointing out bugs or things that annoyed you/could be better about the platform.