Mobile Designer at BuzzFeed in New York, NY
BuzzFeed is looking for a Mobile Designer to design applications for iPhone, Android, BlackBerry and other major platforms as they emerge. We're a new kind of media company for the social world. Our technology powers the social distribution of content, detects what is trending on the web, and connects people in realtime with the hottest content of the moment. Our site is a rapidly growing hub for media that reaches over 20 million monthly unique visitors and our network tracks an additional 300M uniques.
The job commands a blend of rock-star design skills, combined with a quick understanding of the business reasons behind the design requests. The candidate must have the ability to handle a multitude of tasks, have an open mind, and enjoy learning new stuff while exploring new technologies.
This job is based in our NYC offices, and we offer competitive compensation and stock option program.
- Play a key role in bringing mobile products to life from idea to execution
- Create pixel perfect visual designs based on UX wireframes and specs
- Maintain, contribute and adhere to our best practices and brand guidelines
- Ability to complete and juggle multiple projects and responsibilities whilst having fun
- Strong visual and user focused design skills and an eye for detail
- Experience designing simple and intuitive mobile web user interfaces
- Fluent in iOS and Android UI conventions and best practises
- Solid understanding of mobile web standards and accessibility
- Experience working with a version control system (Specifically Git)
- Comfortable working in a small, agile product and development environment
BuzzFeed is a new kind of media company for the social world. Our technology powers the viral distribution of content, detects what is trending on the web, and connects people in realtime with the hottest content of the moment. Our site is a rapidly growing hub for viral media that reaches over 20 million monthly unique visitors and our viral media network reaches an additional 300M.
BuzzFeed is at the forefront of a major shift in the advertising industry away from traditional banner ads towards "social advertising" that engages consumers, inspires sharing, and produces viral lift, or "earned media."
BuzzFeed's industry leading technology and unique social distribution engine is used by top brands such as GE, Kraft, and Coca Cola to go beyond banners, turbo charging their social advertising and branded content initiatives.
Jonah Peretti, founder & CEO of BuzzFeed, previously cofounded the Huffington Post and is a graduate of the MIT Media Lab.
BuzzFeed is backed by: NEA, Softbank, Hearst, RRE, Lerer Ventures, SV Angel and Founder Collective.