Senior Director, Ad Operations at SoundHound in San Jose, CA
SoundHound is leading the mobile sound search revolution. Join us.
SoundHound delights millions of users every day with its famously fast music and voice recognition apps, and is winning awards and praise along the way. Our flagship app for iPhone and Android recently won the most competitive category in Billboard's inaugural Music App Awards, and achieved top-ten honors from the New York Times, becoming the only music app to do so.
"Insane" - The New York Times' David Pogue
"...could save your sanity" - Don Lemon, CNN
At SoundHound we are building a first class sales and advertising team to work with brand advertisers and deliver innovative advertising and partnership solutions. You'll be joining a diverse, world-class group of marketing and sales professionals, engineers, scientists, and designers on a team that includes both recent grads and seasoned veterans. Strong academic ties with Stanford, and prior industry stops for our team members include Google, Pandora, Shazam, Amazon, Apple, Oracle, and Sony.
We value creativity, innovation, hard work and open communication and to allow us to act on valuable feedback from employees and users alike and deliver the best solutions for our users and clients.
We offer a competitive compensation packages, SoundHound stock options, unique camaraderie, catered lunches, and even occasional visits from recording artists. SoundHound is an equal opportunity employer.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to thrive in an environment that is developing and growing quickly
- Solid knowledge and experience working in Ad Operations
- You can identify, manage and deploy advertising solutions that address our advertisers brand and marketing objectives
- Knowledge of the latest mobile advertising technologies, ad operations, rich media and video ad products
- You understand and appreciate all that happens behind the scenes to get an ad campaign up and running, ensuring that advertisers are satisfied
- You are passionate about music
- Lead and manage the SoundHound Ad Operations team
- Be an expert in ad operations, yield management solutions and educate management on these solutions and implement as required for best results
- Identify and deploy the best solutions for mobile advertising technologies
- Ensure smooth campaign execution including: Setup and traffic with advertiser campaigns with Doubleclick DFP, AdMarvel and any other relevant solutions for mobile display, audio, and all other mobile advertising products
- Work with Sales leadership, planning team, product managers and engineers to ensure smooth operations
- Manage ad network partners
- Communicate with billing team to ensure invoicing is accurate
- Work with sales team to understand advertisers' objectives and come up with optimal solutions
- Provide intelligence around available inventory to planning and sales team
- Meet advertisers’ objectives by choosing best placements, flight plans, while optimizing campaign performance using best technologies to ensure delivery
- Provide regular reporting to Sales leadership, advertisers and and other internal customers
- Recruit and hire best possible team to execute
- Manage and motivate your team
- Work closely with outside vendors that provide best solutions for our customers
- Minimum 6+ years of experience running ad operations
- Minimum 2+ years working with mobile ad operations
- Analytical mindset and strong financial understandings
- Good technical understanding of ad serving, traffic, tagging, site architecture, rich media, mobile video, and audio and mobile devices
- Team player who isn’t afraid to roll up his or her sleeves and be both player and coach
- Excellent communication skills across teams, including your own team, engineering, product, senior management and sales
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment that is developing and growing quickly
- Passion for entertainment, current trends and music
How to Apply:
Send us your resume and cover letter explaining why you belong at SoundHound.