Intern (Marketing) at Puppet Labs in Portland, OR
Reports to: VP Marketing
Location: Portland, OR
Length: Maximum 6 months
CLOSING DATE: 3/12/12
Summary of Role
Do you have a passion for Open Source? Interested in developing your skills as you pursue a career in marketing?
- Use of, or exposure to, HTML.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Experience managing a project or program, the planning and execution of which has spanned several weeks or months.
- Familiarity with social media tools and other web applications.
- Experience managing a budget.
- Experience in a leadership role - professional, volunteer, or student group.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Preferred but not required:
- Experience using Mathematica, LaTeX, or other programming/markup language
- Comfortable using Google Mail and Docs
Please include a cover letter with your application describing why you are interested in interning for Puppet Labs and how you feel your academic and/or work experience are a fit for this particular role.
Working for Puppet Labs
Based in Portland, Oregon, Puppet Labs creates IT automation software which enables system administrators to deliver the operational agility and efficiency of cloud computing at enterprise-class service levels, scaling from handfuls of nodes on-premise to tens of thousands in the cloud. Puppet powers thousands of companies, including Twitter, Yelp, eBay, Zynga, JP Morgan Chase, Bank of America, Google, Disney, Citrix, Oracle, and Viacom. Our investors include Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, True Ventures, Radar Partners, Emerson St. Partners, VMware, Google Ventures, and Cisco.
Everyone who works here has a real, direct impact on the company, and our list of interesting and difficult challenges will always be larger than the time we have to tackle them. Our work environment is relaxed yet results driven, encouraging creativity, collaboration, and challenging each other in order to foster continuous improvement. Our employees embody our values, displaying curiosity, self-motivation, adaptability, and a passion for what Puppet Labs is all about.