Marketing Coordinator at Piston Cloud in San Francisco, CA
Piston Cloud Computing, Inc. is a software company founded in 2011 by several of the creators of OpenStack™.
We make enterprise-grade cloud software for secure private cloud environments. Our core product, Piston Enterprise OpenStack, is easy, secure and open private cloud management software specifically focused on the needs of enterprise. Our goal is to help organizations solve their enterprise storage and compute problems, with the flexibility to adapt and build on a open and accessible codebase, while reserving the option of working with their choice of hardware and software providers for a distinct strategic and economic IT advantage.
We also act as a liaison between the businesses, academic communities and nonprofit and research organizations that deploy OpenStack, and the open source community that develops it. We help drive OpenStack™ forward via our code contributions, thought leadership through our role on the OpenStack™ Project Policy Board, and in support of the OpenStack developer community. We willingly share our expertise, leadership, guidance, vision and code with the community and other companies working to make OpenStack™ the industry standard in cloud.
We are headquartered just off of Union Square San Francisco. We love shuffling, pints from Magnolia's, coffee from Blue Bottle, and dressing fancy on Fridays. We wear hats. We proudly sponsor several local startup events, including OpenStack hack-a-thons every other Thursday, and we travel twice a year to the OpenStack™ conference. Check out our website at www.pistoncloud.com
A little more about the marketing team:
- 3-person marketing team (Manager, Designer, Copywriter) plus a part-time analytics intern
- Strong company focus on design and creating an amazing brand experience
- Deeply data-driven
- Small to moderate online advertising budget
- Sponsor 4-5 trade shows and events every year (vmworld, OSCON, etc.)
- Known for humor, style, and throwing great parties
- Support the marketing team in all things Piston Cloud with a strong focus on logistics and calendaring.
- Be the primary point of contact for all event activities, including management of online event portals, personnel scheduling, materials management, and communications with outside vendors.
- Research trade shows and events, and evaluate which will have the biggest impact on sales and mind-share.
- Help the marketing team effectively allocate company resources to squeeze the most ROI out of each marketing dollar spent.
- Plan and create pre and post-event email marketing campaigns for promotion and lead generation.
- Collaborate with pre-sales staff on creating product demonstrations for customers and partners in the booth.
- Create and manage booth and demo schedules. Coordinate all logistics for events. Create talking points, scripts and strategies for booth staff.
- Find and order marketing collateral such as brochures, shirts, swag, etc.
- Be responsible for all elements of the Piston Cloud booth, including ordering replacement parts and ensuring that it is in working order.
- Perform regular business metrics reviews and analysis of each event’s performance. Identify issues contributing to success or shortcomings from the event, and take any corrective action.
- We’re a start-up. We wear many hats. Fancy ones.
- Wickedly organized, scheduling wizard, checklist-lover
- Good design aesthetic - graphic, fashion, interior, industrial
- Not afraid to use kung fu on chaos, inefficiency or bad ideas
- Proactively looks for ways to improve processes
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to manage relationships with outside vendors
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment with creative types
- Knowledge of SEO, Salesforce, Google AdWords, Marketo a plus
- Bachelors degree. Recent grad ok.
- Must be able to travel up to 25%-40% of the time, every time
- Knowledge of technology, and/or solution software sales a plus
- We buy lunch for our employees every day
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home
- Access to company-paid zipcar account
- Help with apartment searches
- Access to company-paid task rabbit account
- Same-day turnaround on expenses
- Lots of company activities, events & parties
- Super awesome marketing team FIELD TRIPS to fun places (gotta keep those creative juices flowing)