Local Marketing Manager, Washington DC at TaskRabbit in Washington DC, DC
At TaskRabbit, we are all about solving an age-old problem: there is never enough time in the day to get everything done. With TaskRabbit, we harness the power that already exists in a community to get things done. Our network of background-checked, fully-vetted TaskRabbits (the people who perform Tasks) help TaskPosters (the people who need an extra hand) complete the things they don’t have the time or skills to do on their own. We leverage the latest technology and social networking tools to build trust and help individuals and small businesses outsource their Tasks via the web, essentially blurring the lines between on-and offline communities.
We have raised almost $25 MM to date and are looking for great people to join our team to realize our mission of allowing people to live smarter, more productive lives by once again relying on their neighbors. Our board is full of proven and trusted leaders and our team is full of hard working, fun and dedicated folks who put the highest value on culture and collaboration. Like what you’ve read? Then, please read on.
About the job:
As the Local Marketing Manager, you will spend your days creating a strong TaskRabbit presence in your city. We’re looking for someone with lots of DC market knowledge and firm belief that DC is king among metropolises. You will be responsible for growing and supporting the TaskPoster community in DC, which will be achieved through marketing outreach, advocacy, local partnerships, and event planning.
As the TaskRabbit Washington DC manager, you must be:
- Comfortable wearing lots of hats - listening post, brand champion, and chief engagement specialist (just to name a few)
- A “social connector” who knows all the right people and all the right events in DC
- Happy working out of your home or anywhere with WiFi
- A driven self-starter with endless energy
- Passionate about TaskRabbit and improving the lives of people in your community
- Savvy with social media platforms, including Twitter and Facebook
- Develop channels and programs in DC to transform users into evangelists
- Attend networking events, plan events, and organize community-oriented meetups
- Daily management of the local DC Twitter handle; grow followers, engage with the community, cultivate social connections and turn into TaskPosters
- Develop deep relationships with DC TaskPosters, community leaders, industry influencers
- Generate compelling community content, including a local newsletter and blog contributions
- Work closely with our Marketplace Community Manager to help strengthen the TaskRabbit Community
- Work closely with TaskRabbit HQ (Marketing, BD/Sales, Operations, and Member Services) to identify and grow local Task trends and metrics
- Track performance of programs to determine what is or is not working, analyze why, and then adapt programs to achieve success
- 2 - 3 years relevant marketing experience
- At least 4 years of DC residency
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications/ journalism, or a related field preferred
- Strong coordination, organization, interpersonal, and communication skills are necessary
- Strong understanding of the social media universe including Twitter, forums, Facebook, Wikis, blogs, etc. An active presence is definitely preferable.
- Experience successfully managing multiple projects and working directly with cross-functional teams
- Competitive salary & options package
- Full medical and dental benefits
- 401k plan
- Credits towards free Tasks done by TaskRabbits
- The satisfaction of transforming the world as we know it!!
Wanna stand out? Here’s how:
- Write us a great cover letter telling us why you love DC and how you would spread the word about TaskRabbit in your community. We’ll award extra points to those who send over a haiku about TaskRabbit. Remember, 5-7-5.