Spread the word
Not the right job?
Software Engineer - Front & Backend at drchrono in Mountain View, CA
REQUIREMENT: take our hacker challenge, here., if you do well we will call you! More
drchrono is a culture of passionate people interested in crafting only the best healthcare EHR platform with a focus on iPad. We are a silicon valley startup. We strives to solve healthcare problems with mobile technology. We are Y Combinator backed company and we’re building some fascinating stuff.
To thrive as a member of team drchrono, you must embrace an intense, exciting, work-hard/play-hard environment. Picture a roller coaster. With beverage breaks (coffee or diet coke), hackathons and more.
About the role
As a member of drchrono's engineering team, we want you to bring experience building real products in the real world from the ground up. Your teammates should see you as a programming expert and go to you with their toughest problems. You should be comfortable jumping in the deep end and learning new skills on a bleeding edge platform (HTML5, latest in CSS, Django, and MySQL).
Join us and help bring our feature ideas (and your own!) off the whiteboard and into reality.
Here are some high level areas you could help with:
- Scale our architecture and improve performance to handle new users each month
- Build features that make the drchrono platform more robust and easier to use
- Dig into the data to better understand how our users interact with the platform
Our engineers play a key role in product development, from concept to launch, so be ready to bring your creative ideas to the table. And because we push new versions of the website and API multiple times a week, it won't take long to get your work out in front of our thousands of users.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fluid start-up environment and will bring an energetic, fun and creative approach to their work.
You could be an experienced engineer or a recent graduate eager to learn and get involved at all stages of the development life-cycle.
This job will be based in our headquarters, "the chronoplex" in the Mountain View, CA. We offer a competitive compensation package.
- Contribute best-in-class programming skills to develop highly innovative, doctor-patient facing web products
- Continually offer thought-leadership and dependable execution ability in a high-paced environment characterized by ongoing iteration and product pushes
- Play a key role in product development, help shape direction of drchrono feature set
- Be ready & eager to review or write production code on any particular platform during crunch periods
- Implement automated and exploratory testing processes that provide continuous feedback on quality issues; find ways to break our web application before their public release
- Hacker in Computer Science, engineering or a related field (or equivalent practical experience)
- Experience building products for fast growing web or mobile products
- Strong Python experience or, even better, experience and/or interest in Django
- Comfortable in a small, intense and high-growth start-up environment
- Ability to manage conflicting project demands and thrive in a small, fast-paced, start-up environment
- Understand web services, REST, XML
- Stock options
- Competitive salaries
- Vacation days & time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life & disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Apple gear
- Everyday company meals, snacks and beverages
- Build something that makes the world a better place
- Much more ...