Sales Director- LA at BuzzFeed in Los Angeles, CA
BuzzFeed is seeking experienced media sales executives. We're a new kind of media company for the social world. Our technology powers the social distribution of content, detects what is trending on the web, and connects people in realtime with the hottest content of the moment. Our site is a rapidly growing hub for media that reaches over 20 million monthly unique visitors and our network tracks an additional 300M uniques. The position will report to the company’s VP Western Region.
The ideal candidate will have experience selling display advertising and sponsorships for a specific vertical (CPG, Consumer Electronics, Entertainment). This person will sell sponsorships and our proprietary ad units, as well as, work closely with our product and account service teams to see to it that the campaigns are implemented to maximum long-term client satisfaction. He or she will have a track record of success and an entrepreneurial leaning that will allow her to quickly get up to speed on our products and begin generating revenue.
We offer competitive compensation, commission and stock option program.
- Prospect for clients, pitch new business, and generate sales
- Create persuasive and clear sales materials
- Generate and traffic insertion orders
- Manage client campaign reporting
- Convey client feedback to the Buzzfeed product team
- Hit or exceed monthly/quarterly sales targets
- At least 5 years digital sales experience
- Understanding of and experience in selling display campaigns to the entertainment community
- Experience negotiating, structuring, and closing complex six figure insertion orders
- Ability to understand complex technology and convey it in an easy-to-understand manner
- Deep network of advertiser relationships
- Passion for social and viral advertising
BuzzFeed is a new kind of media company for the social world. Our technology powers the viral distribution of content, detects what is trending on the web, and connects people in realtime with the hottest content of the moment. Our site is a rapidly growing hub for viral media that reaches over 20 million monthly unique visitors and our viral media network reaches an additional 300M.
BuzzFeed is at the forefront of a major shift in the advertising industry away from traditional banner ads towards "social advertising" that engages consumers, inspires sharing, and produces viral lift, or "earned media."
BuzzFeed's industry leading technology and unique social distribution engine is used by top brands such as GE, Kraft, and Coca Cola to go beyond banners, turbo charging their social advertising and branded content initiatives.
Jonah Peretti, founder & CEO of BuzzFeed, previously cofounded the Huffington Post and is a graduate of the MIT Media Lab.
BuzzFeed is backed by: NEA, Softbank, Hearst, RRE, Lerer Ventures, SV Angel and Founder Collective.