Product Designer at Disqus in San Francisco, CA
Disqus is the Web’s community platform, connecting almost a billion users each month across millions of websites. We think our design-first approach has had something to do with our success.
Design influences every product decision we make, and extends far deeper than surface-level visuals. We design to simplify and refine every interaction with Disqus – from designing a great reading experience to enabling first-time commenters to add their voice with as little friction possible; from discovering vibrant communities on the Web to making the Disqus experience great on any device.
We never stop asking questions. We don’t let conventional axioms or technical hurdles prevent us from dreaming big. We bring our ideas to life in working side-by-side with a world-class engineering team that shares our enthusiasm for design. We love what we do, and we have fun doing it.
We’re looking for an exceptional designer to join the Disqus family!
- A portfolio of exceptional, innovative design work, including self-started projects
- Exceptional visual, interaction, and product design talent
- Solid understanding of design principles
- Advanced knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, and similar, conventional tools
- The ability to design without the above-listed conventional tools if communicating an idea is more effectively done in a web browser, with pencil & paper, Keynote, video, or on a mobile device
- Solid, working knowledge of HTML & CSS
- A knack for showing, rather than telling
- The desire to work in a self-driven environment – you’ll always have support, but you may not always have all the details finalized before getting started
- Experience designing for mobile devices
- An insatiable curiosity for learning new things
- Experience both giving and receiving collaborative design feedback
- No fear of a Terminal prompt
Please include samples of recent work.
Disqus is all about evolving how people think about online communities and discussions. We are a small but quickly growing company based in San Francisco, with a presence in New York City. At Disqus, we are passionate about building products that encourage active participation on the web. We started Disqus in 2007 because we wanted to improve conversations online. Today, the Disqus commenting platform is used by hundreds of millions of people across some of the web's largest sites and properties. We're looking for all-around great additions to our team. If you'd like to join us, check out our careers page or learn more about us and our team.
We're a small team that gets a lot done and has lots of fun along the way. All employees of Disqus receive the same great benefits.
- Competitive salaries and employee stock options
- Daily catered lunches and fully stocked snacks, drinks, and beer
- Flexible hours so you can be at your most productive
- Generous paid time off and holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plan options
- 401(k) plan, pre-tax commuter benefits, and flex spending accounts
- Apple computers (or whatever you need for your job)
- Great office location in SOMA, next to public transportation and parking (blocks from BART, Muni, Caltrain)
- Awesome, casual office environment with plenty of toys (foosball, video games, and more)