Office Manager at Piston Cloud in San Francisco, CA
Piston Cloud Computing, Inc. is a software company founded in 2011 by several of the creators of OpenStack™.
Piston Cloud makes enterprise-grade cloud software for secure private cloud environments. Our core product, Piston Enterprise OS, is an easy, secure and open version of OpenStack™, specifically focused on the needs of enterprise. Our goal is to help organizations solve their enterprise storage and compute problems, with the flexibility to adapt and build on a open and accessible codebase, while reserving the option of working with their choice of hardware and software providers for a distinct strategic and economic IT advantage.
We also act as a liaison between the businesses, academic communities and nonprofit and research organizations that deploy OpenStack, and the open source community that develops it. We help drive OpenStack™ forward via our code contributions, thought leadership through our role on the OpenStack™ Project Policy Board, and in support of the OpenStack developer community. We willingly share our expertise, leadership, guidance, vision and code with the community and other companies working to make OpenStack™ the industry standard in cloud.
We are headquartered just off of Union Square San Francisco. We love shuffling, pints from Magnolia's, coffee from Blue Bottle, and dressing fancy on Fridays. We wear hats. We proudly sponsor several local startup events, including OpenStack hack-a-thons every other Thursday, and we travel twice a year to the OpenStack™ conference. Check out our website at www.pistoncloud.com
The Office Manager at Piston Cloud Computing will oversee the smooth operation of our beautiful top-floor gallery-style office space office in Union Square. Must have a professional personal presentation, excellent communication skills, and be able to manage multiple projects with ease. Should be organized, have strong attention to detail and thrive on process. Ideal candidate will take pride in keeping the office looking neat and orderly, and be able to strategically track and plan activities several weeks out.
- Responsible for keeping the office organized and looking neat and orderly.
- Tidy and maintain the office every day - especially the reception area, kitchen and conference area. Run the dishwasher every day.
- Maintain the company calendar and track major events like board meetings, customer visits, office parties, team meetings, etc.
- Support meetings - make sure conference room is clean & organized, put out food & beverages when needed, make sure area is stocked with necessary supplies.
- Create and manage a lunch plan for 15 employees. Manage ordering, delivery and cleanup every day.
- General administrative and clerical support - filing, faxing, etc.
- Maintain awareness of staff movements in and out of the organization.
- Order office supplies and snacks - track supply levels, ordering before we run out of things, coordinate delivery, unpack and put things away once they arrive.
- Answer telephone, screen and direct calls, take and relay messages.
- Greet persons entering organization and direct them to the correct destination.
- Receive and sort mail and deliveries.
- Occasionally assist with booking travel or basic internet research.
- Run local errands - FedEx, Office Depot, etc.
- Professional presentation
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
- Knowledge of computers and relevant software applications
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- We buy lunch for our employees every day
- Flexible schedule
- Access to company-paid zipcar account
- Access to company-paid task rabbit account
- Same-day turnaround on expenses
- Lots of company activities, events & parties