Scientific Software Engineer / Architect, Methods Development at Dart NeuroSc...
Dart NeuroScience LLC (DNS) is a private company with its principal place of business in San Diego CA. DNS will discover new technologies and develop new therapies to help maintain cognitive vitality throughout life. DNS’s Scientific Computing department focuses on (i) development of novel bioinformatic tools to facilitate gene discovery, (ii) development of novel software tools to facilitate drug discovery, (iii) computational chemistry project support structure-based drug design, combinatorial chemistry and statistical modeling, (iii) information systems and automation and (iv) general IT infrastructure to support scientific research and company administration.
- B.S. in a related scientific field (Ph.D. a plus), with 5+ years experience in biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry.
- Hands-on experience in the software engineering process: requirements gathering, design, implementation, testing and support of scientific users in an iterative and adaptive style.
- Hands-on experience in object-oriented design and programming (Java, C#), relational data modeling and SQL, and Web Service Oriented Architectures (REST). Experience in GUI design and development would be a plus. Experience using Spring, Maven and the Eclipse development environment a strong plus. Experience using ChemAxon and OpenEye chemistry toolkits a strong plus.
- Ability to learn new technologies and techniques quickly without formal training.
- Knowledge of chemistry and biology as applies to the drug discovery process is required. Experience with Structure Based Drug Design, Ligand Based Drug Design, Combinatorial Chemistry Library Design and High Throughput Screening, would be pluses.
- Individual contributor with experience in team development environment and tools for source code control (SVN) and issue tracking (e.g. Bugzilla).
- Good oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate with scientists who may not understand the details of informatics and software.
- Customer-oriented, pragmatic approach, with the ability to elucidate requirements and perform effective support and training.