Capitol Hill Reporter at BuzzFeed in Washington, DC
BuzzFeed is looking for an aggressive, entrepreneurial, and fast reporter to join our growing Washington Bureau and help cover a dramatic moment in Congress.
We're the leading social news organization, intensely focused on delivering high-quality original reporting, insight, and viral content across a rapidly expanding array of subject areas. Our technology powers the social distribution of content, detects what is trending on the web, and connects people in realtime with the hottest content of the moment. Our site is a rapidly growing and reaches more than 20 million monthly unique visitors.
This job is based Washington, DC. We offer competitive compensation and stock option program. The job reports to the Washington Bureau Chief.
- Cover stories of compelling national interest in both houses of Congress.
- Get scoops.
- Unearth stories others are missing.
- Explain complex legislative news in clear terms.
- 1-4 years of reporting experience.
- An interest in and grasp of American politics. (Experience in Washington not required.)
- Proven ability to break news and write fast and clean.
- Comfort on and understanding of the current news ecosystem, including Twitter.
- Eagerness to work long hours to master a beat.
- No haters!
BuzzFeed is at the forefront of a major shift in the advertising industry away from traditional banner ads towards "social advertising" that engages consumers, inspires sharing, and produces viral lift, or "earned media."
BuzzFeed's industry leading technology and unique social distribution engine is used by top brands such as GE, Kraft, and Coca Cola to go beyond banners, turbo charging their social advertising and branded content initiatives.
Jonah Peretti, founder & CEO of BuzzFeed, previously cofounded the Huffington Post and is a graduate of the MIT Media Lab.
BuzzFeed is backed by: NEA, Softbank, Hearst, RRE, Lerer Ventures, SV Angel and Founder Collective.