VP of Finance at TaskRabbit in San Francisco, CA
TaskRabbit is on a mission to empower people to do what they love. We're the pioneers of service networking — it's like social networking, except instead of tagging embarrassing photos of each other, arguing about politics, or putting a baby photo where a profile snapshot should be, our members help each other save time and earn some money.
We’ve raised $25 million through investors including Baseline Ventures, First Round Capital, FLOODGATE FUND, LightSpeed Venture Partners, and Shasta Ventures. We’re building a peer-to-peer marketplace that safely and reliably connects neighbors to get things done through the melding of social, location-based, and mobile technologies. We're getting down and/or dirty with social graph analysis and analytics-driven optimization, with an eye toward user experience that's both pleasant and frictionless, like a Slip 'n' Slide doused in baby oil.
We’re a mission-driven business and our culture is fast-paced. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially minded people who believe in moving the economy to a more collaborative place — and having a ton of fun while they’re at it.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The VP of Finance will be responsible for the leadership and management of the Finance and Operations team. The VP of Finance will collaborate with the management team to analyze company’s financial position with respect to accounting, competitive analysis, company strategy, FP&A, legal, and to make financial and operational recommendations to the group. This position reports directly to the CEO.
This position is fulltime and based in San Francisco.
The VP of Finance will lead all finance and legal matters for the company, including strategic planning, budgeting, forecasting, general FP&A and decision support, accounting/financial systems and controls, financial reporting, tax, audit and capital raising.
- Lead and mentor the accounting staff (at this time one part-time accountant)
- Establish accounting policies and procedures including month-end close, monthly reconciliations, formal review of work performed, financial reporting, etc.
- Policies & procedures for financial controls
- Competitive: Analyze and assess the competitive landscape on an ongoing basis. Partner with the management team to assess competition and make strategic recommendations
- Be a part of the management team to collaborate on strategic decisions.
- Help define and drive strategy and facilitate discussions.
- Ensure proper internal controls for the Company and the accounting and financial reporting processes.
- Lead the annual budgeting and planning process. Work with department leaders to build an annual budget that supports the Company goals and objectives.
- Lead all finance and legal matters for the company. Be the internal point person for legal issues, interface with outside counsel.
- Provide support to the HR, Administration and Facilities organizations, as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Big 4 CPA firm and previous industry experience preferred
- 8 to 10 years of operational experience
- Strong technical accounting skills accounting that includes complex revenue recognition and internal control framework development
- Financial system implementations
- Excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Moola: Cash comp paired with equity — we are looking for the best and will pay them accordingly.
- Challenge: The opportunity for growth in a fast-paced progressive company is yours for the taking.
- Tasks: A monthly Task stipend, which is sort of like having your own 24/7 concierge army.
- Benefits: Great health coverage, a flexible spending account, 401k plans, and regular lunches on the company’s dime.
- Education: A series of Lunch and Learn events — we call it Learnch — along with in-office mentoring opportunities and access to the TaskRabbit library.
- Office: A huge, dog-friendly SOMA loft built to accommodate collaboration, with two fully stocked kitchens and a game room.