UI Designer at Foursquare in New York, NY
foursquare helps you and your friends make the most of where you are. We're a small but highly ambitious company with millions of users worldwide relying on foursquare to keep up with friends, discover what's nearby, save money and unlock deals. We’re also helping over a million registered merchants ranging from local businesses to global brands connect with their customers.
To thrive as a member of team foursquare, you must embrace our exciting work-hard, play-hard environment. We're a closely-knit team and, especially at the end of a long day over beers, we feel like we're inventing the future together.
About our UI Designer role:
Foursquare is seeking an experienced user interface designer with front-end skills to help bring new features to the surface for our millions of users. The ideal candidate has a keen visual eye and solid front-end code skills with experience building real products for the web and mobile web.
This position will be based at our New York City headquarters in SoHo. We offer a competitive compensation package including equity options and full bennies for all employees.
- Play a key role in bringing to life products on the web from idea to execution
- Create pixel perfect visual designs based on UX wireframes and specs
- Maintain, contribute and adhere to our best practices and brand guidelines
- Write best-in-class front-end code to the highest standard
- Ability to complete and juggle multiple projects and responsibilities whilst having fun
- Strong visual and user focused design skills and an eye for detail
- Experience designing simple and intuitive web and mobile web user interfaces
- Strong front-end skills writing beautifully hand-crafted HTML and CSS
- Solid understanding of web standards and accessibility
- Experience working with a version control system (Specifically Git)
- Comfortable in a small, intense and high-growth start-up environment