Spread the word
Not the right job?
Software Engineer - API Engineer at drchrono in Mountain View, CA
drchrono is a culture of passionate people interested in crafting only the best healthcare platform for patients and doctors with a focus on iPad. We are a silicon valley startup. We strives to solve healthcare problems with mobile technology. We’re building some fascinating stuff.
To thrive as a member of team drchrono, you must embrace an intense, exciting, work-hard/play-hard environment. Picture a roller coaster. With beverage breaks (coffee or diet coke), hackathons and more.
REQUIREMENT: Take our hacker challenge, here., if you do well we will call you! Personal projects will also be reviewed that show an aptitude for back-end engineering and product design sense. More
About the role
As a member of drchrono's engineering team, we want you to bring experience building real products in the real world from the ground up. Your teammates should see you as a programming expert and go to you with their toughest problems. You should be comfortable jumping in the deep end and learning new skills.
drchrono is looking for a software engineer to head up development of our internal and external APIs, and act as liaison to the development community at large. For this role, we’re targeting the most elusive combination of skills: the social programmer. If your ideal day consists of equal parts coding and blogging about an amazing healthcare API, let’s chat.
Join us and help bring amazing ideas off the whiteboard and into reality.
Our engineers play a key role in product development, from concept to launch, so be ready to bring your creative ideas to the table. And because we push new versions of the platform, website, apps and API multiple times a week, it won't take long to get your work out in front of our thousands of users.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fluid start-up environment and will bring an energetic, fun and creative approach to their work. You could be an experienced engineer or a recent graduate eager to learn and get involved at all stages of the development life-cycle.
This job will be based in our headquarters, "the chronoplex" in the Mountain View, CA. We offer a competitive compensation package.
- Implement our internal and public facing API
- Act as main point of contact for internal and external consumers of the API
- Develop relationships with key consumers of the API
- Represent drchrono engineering at developer conferences, hackathons, etc
- Write code samples, articles, best practices and tutorials
- Hacker strong with CS fundamentals from Bachelor’s in CS, engineering, related discipline or equivalent industry experience
- Solid intuition on what makes good RESTful services (web services, REST, XML, JSON)
Curiosity, and a willingness to learn and talk about emerging technologies
Strong presentation skills
Friendly, outgoing personality
Experience with other amazing APIs (e.g.: twitters, facebooks, twilio, etc)
Strong Python experience or, even better, experience and/or interest in Django
Comfortable in a small, intense and high-growth start-up environment
Ability to manage conflicting project demands and thrive in a small, fast-paced, start-up environment
Understand mission-critical and data-intensive problems
- Experience using MySQL in a production environment
- Love and use HTML5
- Comfortable with AJAX based websites and jQuery
- Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities
- Stock options
- Competitive salaries
- Vacation days & time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life & disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Apple gear
- Everyday company meals, snacks and beverages
- Build something that makes the world a better place
- Much more ...