Sales Director, New York at BuzzFeed in New York, NY
BuzzFeed is seeking experienced media sales executives. We're a new kind of media company for the social world. Our technology powers the social distribution of content, detects what is trending on the web, and connects people in realtime with the hottest content of the moment. Our site is a rapidly growing hub for media that reaches over 80 million monthly unique visitors and our network tracks an additional 300M uniques. The position will report to an Executive Director.
The ideal candidate will have experience selling display advertising and sponsorships for a specific vertical (CPG, Consumer Electronics, Entertainment). This person will sell sponsorships and our proprietary ad units, as well as, work closely with our product and account service teams to see to it that the campaigns are implemented to maximum long-term client satisfaction. He or she will have a track record of success and an entrepreneurial leaning that will allow her to quickly get up to speed on our products and begin generating revenue.
This job is based in our NYC offices, and we offer competitive compensation, commission and stock option program.
- Prospect for clients, pitch new business, and generate sales
- Create persuasive and clear sales materials
- Generate and traffic insertion orders
- Manage client campaign reporting
- Convey client feedback to the Buzzfeed product team
- Hit or exceed monthly/quarterly sales targets
- At least 5 years digital sales experience
- Understanding of and experience in selling display campaigns to the entertainment community
- Experience negotiating, structuring, and closing complex six figure insertion orders
- Ability to understand complex technology and convey it in an easy-to-understand manner
- Deep network of advertiser relationships
- Passion for social and viral advertising
BuzzFeed is the leading media company for social news and entertainment, intensely focused on delivering high-quality original reporting, insight, and viral content across a rapidly expanding array of subject areas. Our technology powers the social distribution of content, detects what is trending on the web, and connects people in realtime with the hottest content of the moment. Our site is rapidly growing and reaches more than 80 million monthly unique visitors. Jonah Peretti, founder & CEO of BuzzFeed, previously co-founded the Huffington Post. Ben Smith is its Editor-in-Chief, Jon Steinberg is its President & COO and Kenneth Lerer is the Executive Chairman.