Senior Software Developer at Bottle Rocket Apps in Dallas, TX
ABOUT Bottle Rocket:
Bottle Rocket is dedicated to creating high quality iPhone, iPad and Android applications. We believe exceptionally innovative technology not only enhances the way we do things - it redefines the way we live our lives. To us, iOS and Android are more than sophisticated mobile operating systems - they are game-changing platforms uniting information, instant access and unlimited range to create entertainment and enterprise solutions.
ABOUT working for Bottle Rocket:
We are a rapidly growing mobile development company at the forefront of the app revolution. We are on the Dallas Business Journal's Best Places to Work, The Dallas Morning News Top 100 Places to Work, repeatedly made the Inc. 500, and our owner was named Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year for our region. We have developed and released over 100 high profile, premium brand experience apps for companies like A&E Television, American Express, Discovery Channel, ESPN, Food Network, National Geographic, NBC Universal, NPR, SPIN Magazine, and Starwood Hotels & Resorts, as well extremely popular games such as Doodle Bomb and Annoying Orange: Kitchen Carnage. Our apps are regularly featured in the press and have received critical acclaim. We estimate that over 15 million people use the apps we have built. These apps are just the tip of the iceberg. We continue to push the envelope of design and architecture and have literally dozens of new projects you may find very interesting.
Of course, such high visibility and growth comes with its own challenges. Our services are in such high demand that we need the most talented individuals, such as yourself, to continue to grow our brand, our organization, and our skill set. We can offer you as much challenge as you can handle! We have been wildly successful because we work hard for our clients, our end users, and for each other. We have staffed our teams with "A" players that do not accept anything less than the best from themselves and each other. This allows us to continually improve our work, our processes, and our vision.
ABOUT this position:
As part of our growth plan, it's essential that every developer we bring on board clearly understands the challenges involved and the expectations placed upon them. Some of these include:
- Develop cutting edge iOS projects writing high quality code
- Have a solid professional development background with an understanding of Software Architecture and Design
- Work independently with minimal guidance and supervision on highly complex, technically advanced iOS projects
- Provide technical guidance, leadership, and oversight on assigned projects
- Help grow the technical knowledge and skills of other iOS developers
- Flexibility to operate in a fast-growing, entrepreneurial environment
- Work hard and have a lot of fun at the same time
If you are interested in more than just a 9-to-5 job, are excited by working on a team of committed individuals, and want to make a difference in a young organization, then this is the place for you!This position is not about years of experience, industry background, or academics. It is about building great products, building great teams, and being excited about going to work every day!
We offer competitive salaries and have a full range of benefits including medical, dental and vision. We are a successful business and one of the most experienced app developers in the market.
- Develop new iPhone/iPad apps
- Lead iOS development team
- Manage your own time
- Manage your own part of projects
- Architect solutions
- Minimum 8 years' experience in commercial software development
- Experience with minimum of 2 programming languages including one memory-managed language (e.g., Objective-C, C++, Pascal, etc.)
- Must be able to demonstrate technical skills in programming language of choice
- Minimum 1 year's experience as a technical team lead or software architect
- Strong OOP skills
- Work on-site (Dallas, Texas)
- Experience developing iPhone/iPad apps for a company or on your own
- Have apps posted to App Store
- Long-time Mac user
- Experience with asynchronous networking
Learn more about this position and other technical, creative, quality assurance and project management positions at http://www.bottlerocketapps.com.
DON'T LIVE IN DALLAS? THIS JOB IS ALSO OPEN TO PEOPLE INTERESTED IN RELOCATING TO THE DALLAS AREA. PLEASE INQUIRE ABOUT RELOCATION COST ASSISTANCE WHEN APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION.