Administrative Assistant - Receptionist at Michael J. Fox Foundation in New Y...
The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research (MJFF) was founded in 2000 with one clear objective: accelerating meaningful therapeutic advances and, ultimately, a cure for Parkinson’s disease. The Foundation applies extraordinary scientific, business and media assets to this singular focus—thus creating a unique and dynamic organization. Since inception, MJFF has quickly grown into the largest funder of Parkinson’s disease research outside the U. S. federal government, having funded more than $289 million in research projects globally in both academic and industry labs. In 2012, MJFF has nearly a $65 million annual revenue budget and nearly 70 full-time employees. The Foundation is located in the midtown area of New York City.
The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research is seeking a polished, articulate and dedicated Administrative Assistant-Receptionist to support and serve as the face of the Foundation. The ideal candidate will need to be able to “own” the front desk. A strong candidate for the Administrative Assistant-Receptionist position would be a high-energy, customer service focused, detail oriented and motivated individual with strong inter-personal and communication skills. The Administrative Assistant-Receptionist’s core responsibility is to maintain the front reception area and provide support to the Administration team and Foundation as a whole. This position will report to the Office Manager/HR Associate. This is a full-time onsite position. Our regular operating hours are 9am to 6pm.
- Maintain front reception area and welcome guest
- Answer, screen and transfer calls to appropriate employee
- Take detailed messages and forward to appropriate person as necessary
- Screen and respond to inquiries in our general mailbox
- Sort and Distribute Mail and Faxes
- Manage deliveries from UPS, Fed-Ex, DHL & other mail couriers
- Maintain kitchen and pantry area as well as order and maintain pantry supplies
- Manage supply area and order supplies for supply area
- Communicate with building management regarding guest arrivals
- Submit service and messenger service request
- Update and distribute extension list upon employee movement or new hire
- Assist with mailings, binding and other projects as needed
- Filing, photocopying and faxing as needed
- Administrative assignments as needed
- 2 to 3 years of Administrative Assistant/Support experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent telephone etiquette with patience and compassion when communicating with callers
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook) required
- Must be a customer service focused professional who is pro-active, self-motivated and organized with a positive and friendly attitude
- Must possess strong inter-personal skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Commitment to teamwork
How to Apply:
- Interested candidates should send a resume and thoughtful cover letter describing your specific qualifications and interest in the position.
- Applicants without a cover letter will not be considered.
- Please, no telephone inquiries. Applicants who best match the position needs will be contacted.
The Michael J. Fox Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.