Web Platform Security Architect at Edmodo in San Mateo, CA
Edmodo’s mission is to connect all learners with the people and resources they need to reach their full potential. On Edmodo, teachers are at the center of a powerful network that connects them to students, administrators, parents, and publishers. This network surfaces the world’s best resources and tools, providing the building blocks of a high quality education. In Edmodo’s secure environment, teachers and students can collaborate, share content, and use educational apps to augment in-classroom learning. These powerful capabilities enable teachers to personalize learning for every student. Edmodo is free for teachers and students and always will be. The company is headquartered in San Mateo, CA. Learn more at www.edmodo.com.
About the Role
More than half of your time will be spent doing the following:
- Using multiple and creative means to detect, prevent, and handle attempts to breach various security measures to keep our user base, content and transactions free from malicious behavior.
- Working cross-functionally and hands-on with platform specific architects, driving design and architectural direction and discussions across our Features, API and Transaction platforms.
Requires drive for beautiful code, extensive knowledge of architecture standards, a passion for advocating their correct usage, college-level business communication skills.
In addition to having experience with reviewing code, delivering constructive guidance, assisting developers with designing beautiful code and correcting when necessary, the ideal candidate will be current and hands-all-over code.
- Communicating to others on technical standards, principles, methodology and trends
- Develop, enhance and document detailed application designs and interfaces
- Develop prototype systems to demonstrate the capabilities of the proposed solutions
- Evaluate existing components for re-usability and applicability Investigate and review 3rd party tools for applicability to the overall solution
- Demonstrate strong problem solving ability, logic, and analytical skills
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to engineers Facilitate cross-team and cross-platform collaboration
- Maintain a broad knowledge of new technology tools and trends, and apply those tools to improving security for a social, highly scaled & optimized platform
- Articulate and document the application architecture vision
- Apply industry standard analysis, architecture, and development techniques to assist in providing optimum solutions list what you need the person to do here
- Try to make these tasks sound as interesting as possible.
- The ideal candidate must have at least 10-15 years experience of progressively diverse analysis, development, and testing experience in the field of information security
- 7-10 years in software engineering and development (most recently in a progressive scripting language like PHP, Python, RoR)
- Strong emphasis on big data, data mining, algorithms, and expert in privacy, security, authentication, identity management, data protection, cloud technologies. A big plus if you're well versed on Mobile Android and iOS devices
- MS or PhD in Computer Science or related field and equivallent experience
- Ability to translate business strategy into technical vision and strategy
- Understand how to build extensible systems
- Technology and Architectural Competency
- Extensive hands on application development and technical lead/lead developer experience
- Significant experience working on large scale highly integrated application development
- Expert web application experience
- Experience with industry standard architecture and design methodologies and processes
- Extensive experience with technical problem solving, debugging and troubleshooting
- Site speed and performance tuning
- Experience in Site Security, Certificates
- Prepare architectural documents and presentations
- Strategic thinking, be able to take an enterprise or system viewpoint
- Performance modeling, profiling, monitoring, and troubleshooting.
- Infrastructure, Operations & Data Centre architecture design experience
- Experience in LAMP (MySQL, PHP) OR any modern scripting language and stung OO foundation
- Experience in Cloud computing, virtualization, and mobile device technology a plus list what's absolutely necessary here.
- Will have had experience with another social, superscaled, highly optimized web and or mobile app
Working at Edmodo
At Edmodo, we are working together to create an environment that fosters learning and growth and encourages creativity, transparency, and diversity. Hear what it’s like to work at Edmodo, directly from the Edmodo team: http://www.jobs.edmodo.com
Edmodo offers a comprehensive compensation package, which includes the following benefits:
- Aetna Medical PPO 10, HMO 15 and HSA options
- Gaurdian Dental PPO
- VSP Vision PPO
- Short-term and long-term disability
- LIFE & AD&D
- Vanguard 401(K)
- Domestic partner benefit coverage
- 10 paid holidays
- Vacation time off
- Wellness time off
- Meal plan
- Organic catered daily food, snacks and drinks
- Paid public transportation and parking
- Annual reviews
The position is located in downtown San Mateo, minutes from the 101, 280, and 92 freeways.
Edmodo is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate in employment. Equal access to employment, services, and programs is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the organization.
Please note: Though submitting a resume to Edmodo implies that you are interested in a position(s), it does not imply that you are an applicant. You are not considered an applicant until you have been contacted directly by a Human Resources representative requesting that you begin the designated application process, which may involve phone and/or in-person interview(s), job-related testing, and background checking.