Customer Support Engineer (Remote Possible) at Xamarin in Cambridge, MA
- The first point of contact with our customers
- Work through support cases and prioritize cases appropriately
- Work closely with Xamarin product engineers and guide customers from a potential problem to a successful solution, delighting customers in the process.
- Writing sample applications to investigate potential bugs and issues within MonoDevelop/Visual Studio with MonoTouch for iOS/Mono for Android
- Working with customers to help them achieve their goals using Xamarin technologies
- Monitoring issues on the Xamarin Mailing Lists, Forums, and Chat, as well as other public channels such as Stack Overflow.
What We're Looking For:
- Excellent written communication skills
- Every day is different, so adapting to different scenarios is key.
- A strong interest in building mobile apps on iOS or Android and proficiency with C# and .NET (or a demonstrable willingness and ability to learn quickly)
- MonoTouch and Mono for Android experience preferred but not required
- Sample artifacts of your coding acumen, examples include:
- GitHub projects, or other open source participation
- Sample bug reports filed
- Stack Overflow reputation
- Technical Blog
- Competitive salary
- 20 vacation days per year to all employees
- Solid stock in a fast-growing, very successful startup
- Catered lunch 3 times a week
- Fully stocked refrigerator
- Health, dental and lots of other benefits in a great work environment
Why Join Us:
Xamarin was voted one of San Francisco’s “Best Places to Work” by the San Francisco Business Times. Join a fun team at a fast growing start-up and be part of the mobile revolution – the fastest growing movement in the history of computing. You will work with some of the best leaders and technical minds in the mobile space.
Xamarin is on a mission to make it fast, easy and fun to build great mobile apps. Founded in May 2011, Xamarin is a very fast-growing VC funded mobile startup with offices in San Francisco and Boston. Over 320,000 developers and thousands of customers use Xamarin because we provide the best platform to create great, fully native mobile apps for iOS, Android, Mac and Windows.
Xamarin is redefining cross-platform mobile development by unifying fully native app development for iOS, Android, Mac and Windows in a single C#-based platform. Developers get full access to each platform’s APIs — anything that can be done in Objective-C and Java can be done with Xamarin — and share on average up to 75% source code across platforms.