Marketing Analyst at Piston Cloud in San Francisco, CA
Piston Cloud Computing, Inc. is a software company founded in 2011 by several of the creators of OpenStack™.
Piston Cloud makes enterprise-grade cloud software for secure private cloud environments. Our core product, Piston Enterprise OS, is an easy, secure and open distribution of the OpenStack™ cloud platform, specifically focused on the needs of enterprise. Our goal is to help organizations solve their enterprise storage and compute problems, with the flexibility to adapt and build on a open and accessible codebase, while reserving the option of working with their choice of hardware and software providers for a distinct strategic and economic IT advantage.
We act as a liaison between the businesses, academic communities and nonprofit and research organizations that deploy OpenStack, and the open source community that develops it. We help drive OpenStack™ forward via our code contributions, thought leadership through our role on the OpenStack™ Project Policy Board, and in support of the OpenStack developer community. We willingly share our expertise, leadership, guidance, vision and code with the community and other companies working to make OpenStack™ the industry standard in cloud.
We are headquartered in a beautiful art gallery building off of Union Square in San Francisco. We love shuffling, pints from Magnolia's, coffee from Blue Bottle, and dressing fancy on Fridays. We wear hats. We proudly sponsor several local startup events, including OpenStack hack-a-thons every other Thursday, and we travel twice a year to the OpenStack™ conference. Check out our website at www.pistoncloud.com
- Provide ROI analysis of all marketing campaigns and sales activities to identify cause-effect relationships between marketing actions and financial outcomes.
- Evaluate customer research, market conditions, competitor data, and identify new market opportunities. Suggest marketing plan changes as needed.
- Design research projects that answer specific business questions.
- Execute market segmentation, targeting and positioning exercises as needed.
- Build and maintain a marketing dashboard that visualizes key performance indicators.
- Become best friends with Salesforce. Get it to tell you all of its secrets.
- Provide monthly reporting to Head of Marketing. Will include but not be limited to reporting on the status of prioritized marketing and communication activities. Reporting will be both historical and forward looking.
- With the Marketing team, develop and execute strategies for marketing campaigns, including comprehensive marketing plans, messaging, advertising, collateral, and original marketing copy.
- With the Marketing team, develop key messages and campaigns. Ensure messaging is consistent with overall marketing and communication objectives.
- With the Marketing team, write, edit, and proofread copy for a wide variety of materials, including white papers, press releases, newsletters, web content, advertisements, and other related material.
- Drive meetings between Marketing and other departments to communicate plan, strategic objectives and align messaging.
- Communicate openly, solve problems proactively, offer creative ideas without hesitation and work as a positive, engaged team member.
- 3-5 years of marketing analytics experience.
- Organized. Strong attention to detail. Good time management.
- Experienced writer. Comfortable writing reports and white papers.
- Solid business acumen, management, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A deep, almost disturbing, love of Salesforce.
- Experience with Hubspot, Marketo or similar.
- Ability to quickly develop good knowledge of the market and product.
- Strong ability to understand customer and market dynamics, requirements, and needs with a focus on the customer.
- Proactive, self-confident, motivated, take initiative.
- Ability to proactively establish and maintain effective working team relationships with all other departments.
- Ability to build trust, communicate effectively, drive execution, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively and proactively, and demonstrate high integrity.
- Experience with enterprise software solutions and small organizations is a plus.
- We buy lunch for our employees every day
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home
- Access to company-paid zipcar account
- Help with apartment searches
- Access to company-paid task rabbit account
- Same-day turnaround on expenses
- Lots of company activities, events & parties