Director of Human Resources at ReFlex in Dayton, OH
REFLEX - Flexible Recruitment Solutions - is a full service staffing company. We are headquartered in Ohio and our operations span globally. We help organizations find top ‘A’ talent!!
Our client has an urgent need for a Director of Human Resources
Areas of responsibility include: staffing and recruiting, employee relations, wage and salary administration, training and development, safety and health, benefits, and employee services. This position serves as representative for the Dayton location in development of global HR initiatives and facilitates implementation and communication of programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary duties and responsibilities of this position include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Identify and implement effective strategies regarding human resources issues which affect the efficient operations of the business unit.
• Works with the global HR team to develop, implement and administer a variety of corporate programs (i.e. performance management, talent management, incentives).
• Provides appropriate communications and promotes employee understanding of programs, policies, and objectives.
• Ensures legal compliance with various governmental laws and regulations covering the areas of OSHA, EEOC, safety, employment, wage and hour, workers’ compensation, etc.
• Works with the Senior Director of Organizational Development to implement employee training and development programs to enhance current skills and develop new skills required for the future and individual growth.
• Coordinates and implements a safety philosophy that embodies all of the business unit’s organization resources, ensuring compliance to government and corporate compliance.
• Works with the Total Rewards team to develop, implement and administer compensation, benefits and rewards programs for the business unit.
• Oversees payroll administration to insure timely and accurate pay on a regular or exception basis.
• Oversees the implementation and administration of employee benefit programs in the business unit.
• Develops and implements recruitment plan to address short-and long-term staffing requirements for the business unit.
• Advises and assisting management with employee issues and Company policies, local, state, and federal employment laws, fair employment practices, and compensation and benefits.
• Stays abreast of changes in the industry, laws, and regulations; reviewing and updating employment policies and record keeping as necessary to ensure compliance.
• Participating in due diligence; coordinating and implementing the transition of human resources related activities as needed.
• Attends work on a regular and predictable basis.
• Completes assigned tasks in a safe manner and in a constant state of alertness.
• Upholds Company policies, including the Professional Conduct Policy and Prohibition Against Harassment Policy, and the Business Ethics and Conduct Code.
• Works in a cooperative manner with managers, supervisors, coworkers, customers and the public.
• Works effectively under deadlines.
Produces value-added results through effective recruitment, delegation, performance manage-ment, training and development of employees in the following positions:
• Administrative Assistant
• HR Manager
• Payroll Administrator
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
BS/BA degree from a four-year accredited university or college; plus a minimum of 10 years of related experience required, preferably in a manufacturing environment. Human Resources certi-fication preferred.