Controller / Snr. Accounting Manager at Sharethrough in San Francisco, CA
Sharethrough is the leading social video distribution platform for viral, long-form, and branded entertainment. We believe the future of video advertising is about engagement, not interruption, and we are working with top brands, media companies and publishers to build cutting edge technology solutions for distributing videos online. Our platform helps:
- Brands drive targeted and quality audiences for web video, and optimizes for maximum sharing and user endorsement;
- Publishers generate new revenue using native monetization.
Reporting to the CFO, the Controller is responsible for managing all internal financial and administrative matters of the company and to supervise the Finance and Accounting team.
- Oversee the accounting function, monthly close process and reporting functions.
- Prepare periodic Board reporting and bank compliance financial reporting.
- Partner with the CFO to build strategic financial plans in support of company growth and revenue optimization.
- Provide recommendations to the CFO based on both financial and strategic implications of business opportunities.
- Lead all financial forecasts, budgets and strategies for the finance team.
- Provide financial guidance to all internal departments to maximize our revenue while optimize our publisher costs. Prepare cost-based campaign margin analysis and reports.
- Manage compliance functions by completing due diligence to safeguard Sharethrough’s assets.
- Evaluate, recommend and implement financial systems and integrations to internal platforms.
- 5-7 years of financial leadership as a Controller or Senior Accounting Manager in the online media industry; or 5-7 years as Director of Finance at a larger corporation, focused on online media / advertising.
- Experience with high growth companies, funded with 5-25 million in venture capital.
- Proven strength building strong rapport with senior and executive management, along with the board of directors.
- Experience developing and reporting business performance metrics.
- Proven history of building strong working partnerships along with the ability to listen, understand and influence.
- Self-managed and strong external communication skills, charismatic and persuasive.