IT Manager at Urban Airship in Portland, OR
Do you know how to make it easy to work in a global environment? Take a look.
If you've spent time in a growing global organization, you know how much IT management means to success. Urban Airship is there. We have day to day needs to be met for sure and we've outlined those tasks below. The big opportunity is leading the IT strategy behind the company's coming expansion. We need someone to lead the effort to keep a successful company communicating across the globe.
Plans and coordinates the budgeting, configuration and operations of all personal computers and computer networks for individual departments and remote offices. Provides technical service support; installation, maintenance, and software training support; and monitors/develops procedures for personal computer and network management. Consults department managers on the software applications, peripheral equipment, security functions and future requirements in departmental area. Provides technical expertise for all network users in the areas of training, problem resolution, hardware and software upgrades. Ensures that personal computers and networks are functioning properly and are available for the intended uses.
- Ongoing IT support for staff, performing troubleshooting of computer systems and applications as needed
- Laptop, Smartphone, Tablet and device support
- WAN and printer support
- Set up, maintain and deactivate email and user accounts for multiple applications
- Set up and maintain MacOS X environment with some Windows systems
- Manage and track hardware and software licenses
- Ensures that backup, recovery and security procedures are set up and performed as planned and necessary.
- Engineer and lead implementation and support of new solutions
- Maintain phone systems in multiple locations
- Participate in projects and provide assistance as directed
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience required
- 3 – 5 years progressively responsible computer operations and network management
- Expert knowledge of MacOS X and familiarity with Windows
- Knowledge of Google apps
- Knowledge of computer maintenance, software support, network design, communications and hardware selections and installations
- Provide effective communication tailored to the needs of the audience ￼