We're sorry, but this job has been closed. See other open jobs at Urban Airship
Not the right job?
Product Designer at Urban Airship in Portland, OR
Want to shape the design and interaction of products that reach people on the cutting edge of mobile? Take a look.
About Urban Airship
If you like smartphone apps, you’ve probably used Urban Airship’s messaging products. The biggest names in publishing, media, and entertainment use us to power their mobile engagement campaigns. Push and Rich Push drive our client’s consumers back into their mobile apps and we have the data to prove it.
We’re building a world class product design group that can grow an amazingly well received foundation of products into a class-defining set of mobile marketing tools.
About the Job
You are well versed in designing and coding user interfaces for modern web applications and thrive in a fast paced startup environment. Take charge of the visual design for specific product areas, reporting to our Product Design Manager. Turn our web tools into beautiful and intuitive products that marketers and mobile developers will love and forget how they could ever do without them.
- Play a key role in the visual design of new features and ongoing refinements to existing features.
- Handle the full lifecycle of design from sketches and wireframes to visual design, functional prototypes, and front-end implementation.
- Ensure the usability of our web applications and suggest ongoing improvements to the overall user interface framework by working closely with Technical Product Managers and our researchers to test ideas through customer discovery.
- Your excellent collaboration skills make you comfortable with an iterative design process that includes accepting and managing feedback and constructive criticism from various stakeholders. You then deliver designs rapidly while maintaining a meticulous eye for detail and consistency.
- 3+ years experience designing web-based user experiences for marketers and mobile developers.
- A BS/BA in design or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Proven sense of layout, color, and typography, with examples to demonstrate.
Competitive ping pong skills.
Urban Airship Perks:
- Full benefits including medical, dental, and vision.
- Catered lunches three times a week.
- Excellent gear - your choice of Mac.
- No vacation policy - take it when you need it (we mean it).
Examples of your work and a cover letter telling us why you are interested in this role is absolutely necessary.