Customer Success Engineer/Inside Sales Representative at Xamarin in San Franc...
Xamarin is a fast growing start up founded in May 2011, currently 35 employees, with offices in Boston and San Francisco. We have thousands of paying customers and over one hundred thousand developers have used our tools.
Xamarin's mission is to make it fast, easy and fun to build great mobile apps. Xamarin provides the best platform for developers to create great mobile apps for IOS, Android and Windows Phone, using their existing C# skills, tools, and code to build mobile apps for IOS and Android. All developers, including those new to the C# language, benefit from the ability to share code between platforms, while building fully native apps, without compromise.
For most people on the planet, their first and primary experience with software will be on a mobile device. This shift to mobile will create several big companies on the order of Adobe, Macromedia, and Rational. Xamarin aims to be one of them.
What we are looking for:
Xamarin is looking for several Customer Success Engineers / Customer Success Managers with software engineering knowledge who enjoy interaction with customers and would be interested in a customer oriented role. In this position you will engage with Xamarin's fast growing developer community - both existing and potential customers - in order to increase customer loyalty and generate revenue. This role is a Sales Engineer role with emphasis on the sales component - and if you have not worked in a customer facing role before we are willing to train you and teach you everything you need to know to be successful.
A Day in the Life:
Xamarin is growing fast and has hundreds of trial downloads and inbound inquiries from developers every day. An important part of your role will be to follow up with trial customers, understand their requirements, educate them about Xamarin and ensure that they are successful on our platform, in the process converting them into happy paying customers. You will also be reaching out to Xamarin's existing customers, all of whom are software developers, in order to strengthen customer relationships. Xamarin already has thousands of paying customers, and you will be engaging with them to ensure they have everything they need to build great mobile apps.
At the same time you will be an advocate for Xamarin's customers within the Xamarin organization; it is Xamarin's vision to build the best possible developer platform - and it will be your role to find out what else customers need from Xamarin in order to be more successful. If you have an engineering background and enjoy helping other people to succeed, and engaging and communicating with customers, this is a great chance to move into a customer facing role with a strong technical focus. Xamarin will give you access to inside technical resources (including our CEO) to make sure that you have the knowledge and ammunition to be successful.
What you should bring to this role:
- Technical knowledge
- Previous experience building mobile apps on iOS, Android, and Windows - or a strong interest a willingness and ability to learn quickly.
- C#/.NET/Mono experience is a plus
- Familiarity with the ecosystem of mobile tools, APIs, frameworks
- Comfortable in a fast-paced startup environment
- Solid communication skills (email and phone)
- Work with some of the best software engineers in the world.
- Be a part of the fastest growing technology movement in the history of computing.
- We'll set you up with whatever hardware you need to do your best work. Macbook Airs, tablets and 27" iMacs are standard.
- Be part of a fun team and have the opportunity to be one of the early employees in a fast growing start-up that is headed for success.
- Competitive salary and the possibility to significantly overachieve your monthly targets.
- This opportunity is paid as salary plus commission, and you will be measured by revenue generation. Xamarin will support you in any way possible to make sure that you are very successful in this role.
- Relocation assistance to San Francisco, CA.
- 20 vacation days per year to all employees. We encourage you to actually take it. Solid stock in a fast-growing startup. We also offer fully paid benefits and a great work environment.
This role is based in San Francisco.
If you are interested, send us a current resume and salary expectations (base/OTE).