Merchandise Planner at The Clymb in Portland, OR
We’re seeking a Merchandise Planner in our Portland, OR headquarters office. The Planner is key in supporting and executing strategies that maximize sales and margin. This position works with key stakeholders across marketing, merchandising, ops and tech, forecasting at multiple levels as well as inventory management. The planner will use data and analysis to identify and react to current and future business trends and opportunities. Work with Merchants to recommend event planning/ scheduling based on historical performance, marketing strategies and current sales performance.
- Responsible for recapping and analysis of events performance for use in identifying future opportunities and planning subsequent events and recommending quantities to be purchased or reserved with vendors
- Responsible for creating initial bottom up unit forecast and size distribution scales for sourced events
- Responsible for planning inventory levels (sales, sizes, colors) and purchase strategies on owned inventory events.
- Develop with Merch Directors category sales plan and margin goals weekly, monthly and annually
- Responsible for managing Open to Buy
- Communicate effectively with cross-functional team members and Merchandising to ensure optimal planning of inventory to be purchased or reserved
- Responsible for in season performance tracking, reporting
- Responsible for ad-hoc analysis and project work related to merchandise planning and execution.
- Work with operations to issue and maintain all pre-purchased event PO’s; track in-bound shipments and expedite deliveries as needed.
- Partner with Operations team to maximize use of warehouse inventory.
- The preferred candidate will have a bachelor degree in business, logistics or related field.
- 3-4 years inventory planning/buying experience in a online retail environment
- Experience in managing Open to Buy
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work well with cross-functional team members
- Flexible with demonstrated propensity for initiative
- Detail oriented and accurate with excellent follow through, while working in a fast paced environment
- Able to manage multiple competing tasks and meet deadlines
- High degree of judgment and independent thinking required
- Excellent computer skills in Excel spreadsheet design and input, proficiency in Word required
- Live The Clymb's Core Values of Authenticity, Respect, Growth, and Excellence
Awarded one of Outside Magazine's Best Places to Work, The Clymb is a private retail community - connecting premium outdoor brands with passionate, influential end-users. A dedication to innovation, customer service and brand stewardship have helped us become the fastest growing e-tailer in the outdoor industry. We work hard so we can play hard and we use the gear we sell. If you're as passionate about innovation as you are the outdoors, come join us at our Portland, OR headquarters. Good Things Come to Those Who Clymb™
- Attach your résumé.
- Tell us why you belong here.
- Provide three professional references - include in the cover letter.
- Provide salary history from three most recent jobs - include in the cover letter.