Digital Sales Account Manager at Hobsons in Cincinnati, OH
Hobsons helps educators, administrators, students, and families maximize success through every stage of the learning lifecycle. Hobsons’ personalized learning, academic planning, post-secondary enrollment, and student support solutions serve millions of students across more than 7,500 schools, colleges, and universities worldwide.
Hobsons has been an education solutions company for over 30 years and is in need of outstanding individuals who are passionate about selling, working in a team environment, and have the drive to hit revenue goals on a consistent basis.
Digital Sales Account Manager
The Digital Sales Account Manager serves in an outside/inside sales capacity with up to 40% travel with a desired outcome of pursuing and closing new business within a specified territory and growing their current spend each fiscal year .
- Work to grow our current client base within a specified territory of multiple states
- Learn and apply core sales skills
- Develop functional knowledge of the higher education industry and apply knowledge to sales process
- Work within scope of responsibilities and authority to meet monthly, quarterly, and yearly revenue objectives
- Conduct sales calls to explain benefits and features of Hobsons digital media/marketing products to clients
- Present sales demonstrations (both in person and via web demo) to clients
- Negotiate and close contracts
- Up to 40% travel to build upon customer relationship and secure revenue
- Regularly report on the status of the business to the Sales Director/VP of Sales. This includes, but is not limited to, performance against target, current month forecast, 1-6 month opportunities pipeline, training and development needs, and challenges/opportunities in the market
- Convey information regarding client’s needs that are not met by current products to the Sales Director/VP of Sales
- Uncover new business opportunities within the client base and close accordingly
- Maintain accurate data in Salesforce.com and effectively use all required sales tools provided
- Submit expenses in accordance with policies and procedures and established limits
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Preferred Sales experience in:
Digital media, marketing/web advertising, custom print communications, international marketing, and higher education solutions
Have the ability to:
Work independently, maintain a positive attitude, solve problems, demonstrate ownership of all duties and responsibilities, show initiative; adapt to and embrace change in a rapidly changing environment; make contact with difficult to reach decision makers; exhibit flexibility in work schedule and job tasks; establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, clients, and other job contacts; maintain and promote good client relations; maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
Verbal and written communications; operation; efficient planning, scheduling and organization of work; application of job software including Microsoft Office Suite; development and presentation of creative sales demonstrations; Knowledge of Salesforce CRM (preferred)
An appropriate combination of education, training, course work and experience may qualify an applicant to demonstrate the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. An example of an acceptable qualification for this position is:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2-4 years of proven sales experience with successful results
- Ability to travel up to 40%
- Preferred experience in selling: Marketing/web advertising, digital media, custom print communications, international marketing, and higher education solution
- Experience working remotely if located outside the Cincinnati area
- Ability to document identity and employment eligibility within three (3) days of original appointment as a condition of employment in compliance with Immigration Reform and Control Act requirements.
We are a hard-working, fun-loving office, and we’re looking for the right fit—someone with great communication skills and a solid work ethic who picks up skills quickly.
Hobsons offers a competitive salary along with an excellent benefits package including:
· Health Insurance
· Life and Disability Insurance
· Dental Plan
· 401K Plan
· Section 125/Flexible Spending Accounts
· Generous Holiday and Vacation Schedule
To learn more about Hobsons, please visit our corporate Web site at
EEO / M / F / D / V