MBA Internship at TaskRabbit in San Francisco, CA
At TaskRabbit, we are all about solving an age-old problem: there is never enough time in the day to get everything done. With TaskRabbit, we harness the power that already exists in a community to get things done. Our network of background-checked, fully-vetted TaskRabbits (the people who perform Tasks) help TaskPosters (the people who need an extra hand) complete the things they don’t have the time or skills to do on their own. We leverage the latest technology and social networking tools to build trust and help individuals and small businesses outsource their Tasks via the web, essentially blurring the lines between on-and offline communities.
We have raised almost $25 MM to date and are looking for great people to join our team to realize our mission of allowing people to live smarter, more productive lives by once again relying on their neighbors. Our board is full of proven and trusted leaders and our team is packed with hardworking, fun and dedicated folks who put the highest value on culture and collaboration. Like what you’ve read? Then, please read on.
About the internship:
As a TaskRabbit MBA intern, you will spend your days working with our marketing, business development, operations, finance, and product teams on key strategic initiatives that will have needle-moving impacts on our business.
As a TaskRabbit MBA intern, you must be:
- A driven self-starter with endless energy
- Someone who excels in a dynamic, ever-changing environment and simply gets things done
- Passionate about TaskRabbit and improving the lives of people in your community
- An analytical thinker who loves making data-driven decisions
- A collaborative team player who is willing to roll-up his/her sleeves to push the proverbial boulder across the finish line
We’re hiring up to three MBA interns to focus on the following prospective projects:
- Strategies for new initiatives – evaluate one or more high priority new initiatives that are under consideration to determine which to pursue, and then create and present a go-to-market plan for successfully doing so.
- New market launch strategy – analyze TaskRabbit’s existing markets to further evaluate the challenges and opportunities in each. Help identify the characteristics that make markets interesting or not interesting, then support our rollout strategy through analytics. Work closely with marketing to further refine our new market launch playbook to ensure that each new market takes off upon launch
- Business development & strategy – work closely with our business development and finance teams to evaluate prospective new verticals and applications of the TaskRabbit platform (B2C or B2B). Prioritize and evaluate new opportunities, then determine how we should enter each new market. Additional projects may include evaluating M&A / roll-up targets & strategy, and competitive analyses.
- We highly value great “athletes” who are versatile and perform well across a variety of functions
- Prior management consulting experience is a plus
- A technology or Internet background is highly valued
- Startup experience / entrepreneurial passion is ideal
- Strong coordination, organization, interpersonal, and communication skills are necessary
- Experience successfully managing multiple projects and working closely with cross-functional teams
- Exposure to a successful and growin startup
- Opportunity to work very closely with Director level team members on a day to day basis
- Competitive salary
- A fun culture and great work environment
- The satisfaction of transforming the world as we know it!!
- Great location in SOMA (5 blocks from CalTrain, 3 blocks from BART)