Creative Writer at LevelUp in San Diego, CA
The LevelUp is looking for freelance writers with a passion for food and language! As part of the LevelUp Creative Team, you’ll write enticing and entertaining descriptions for restaurants that sign on with our high-tech loyalty program.
Our voice is young, fresh and witty, so we’re looking for someone with a fun and innovative voice (and, a little bit of sarcasm never hurt anyone. Bring it, Sassy.) If you have sharp writing skills and a sense of humor, we want you!
This is a freelance position, it is not full time. We ask for a minimum of 5 hours per week. With that being said, we are relatively flexible and you will personally dictate how many pieces you can complete each week. This will be based upon your schedule and availability that week.
We are headquartered in Cambridge, Mass. This position will be out of San Diego, CA.
- Write short, witty restaurant summaries on a weekly basis
- Create content for our Facebook and Twitter pages
- Prior writing experience preferred, but not required
- The strongest applicants will be creative, outgoing, highly-motivated and passionate about working for a start-up
- Ability to follow instructions and observe deadlines is a must
- Flexible schedule
- Ability to learn quickly & adapt
How to Apply:
Make your way over to www.thelevelup.com to check us out. If you think you can write the daylights out of a restaurant summary, send us the following:
- Your resume
- Two creative pieces: A cover letter to let us know why you rock! & A 510 character summary of a restaurant you’ve been to (including spaces.) Get creative! (Please note many job boards will only allow you to submit two documents so please keep both creative pieces in one doc).
About the Company
SCVNGR is a Google-backed mobile gaming company headquartered in Cambridge, MA. Over 1200 enterprise clients leverage SCVNGR's location-based and mobile payment platforms to engage and better foster customer loyalty including Coca-Cola, GameStop, The Smithsonian, The U.S. Navy and hundreds more.
SCVNGR launched LevelUp as the smarter way to pay. Pay with your phone; save time; save money. It’s 100% free and easy to use. For merchants, LevelUp is like a high-tech loyalty program meets mobile payments, meets customer analytics cornucopia of awesome-sauce. LevelUp is currently launched in Boston, MA, Philadelphia, PA, San Francisco, CA and New York, NY.
SCVNGR + LevelUp are funded by Google Ventures, Highland Capital Partners and Balderton Capital.