Content Writer at Shmoop in Mountain View, CA
Shmoop (www.shmoop.com) is a digital curriculum company that makes learning, teaching, and test prep materials that are - get this - smart and fun. We are seeking graduate students and professionals who know there is a better way to comprehend.
Work with an exciting and growing company doing what you love. We are looking for writers who are passionate about their subjects, are well-informed about current events and today's youth culture, and have a good sense of humor.
- Content Writers: Literature (particularly Poetry, Young Adult, Bestsellers, African American, and American literature), Religious Studies, Mythology, History, Music, Biography, Math, Science, Finances, AP Test-Prep.
- Candidates must have strong writing, editing, and literary analysis skills.
- Recent or current PhD student with strong academic performance in undergraduate/graduate degree (or equivalent). All majors welcome.
- Experience and comfort with writing for a non-academic audience, and potential/ability to write in a Shmoopy voice - fun, clear, engaging.
- Self-starting, flexible, and comfortable working independently/remotely.
- Passion for and understanding of great works of literature (classic and contemporary), as well as communicating that passion to others.
Flexible hours and location (work from home), paid per completed writing project.
When you are finally ready to change learning forever, send us your wittiest writing sample pertaining to one of the subjects listed above, making sure to include cover letter and resume.